Looking for the Walker sisters

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
I got a message today from Graham Pillings daughter Susan. She lives around Port Perry. Sue has met an old Beach resident up there (don't know name) who wrote a long email with lots of history on some of the old houses on the Beach. I have asked for permission to submit it to the history threads. If I get it I will put it up.

He has however made this request (copy from email)

"I also asked about another former Beach Resident - Peggy (nee Walker) but I don't know if she ever married or not. She trained as a nurse at St. Joe's in Hamilton and I have lost tract of her for about 45 years now. Would like to re-connect if by some miracle you know of someone who knows her. Her sister was Judy Walker."

I will gladly pass information along if anyone can help him.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Old Mrs. Walker use to run the little convenience store beside the Texaco, that was over 40 years ago. But I have been informed that she didn't have any daughters.
The Beach Reunion is coming this Friday, someone may know there. There might even be a Walker there.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Thanks Scott
If you find out anything let me know. Walker isn't a unique name so over the years I'm sure there were a few of them. LOL

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thanks Scott
If you find out anything let me know. Walker isn't a unique name so over the years I'm sure there were a few of them. LOL
There is a Judy Walker mentioned in the Van Wagner's book, there is a picture of her and some other students on the last day of school. The last class to graduate from the school in 1960.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I stopped the Beach Reunion today and inquired about the Walkers, there was one there but she wasn't related in any way to Peggy or Judy, as you wrote, it is a very common name.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I have no idea. I'm just searching for someone in Port Perry.

My thoughts were on searching for alumni for the high school that she attended.

More info might appear on that issue when they plan on closing down Delta which is a ways away yet though. They plan on closing that school in 2015.

Last edited:

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Thanks for the look Sharla but Graham Pilling I've know since I was born. One of his daughters is asking about the Walkers for a friend of hers. No connection to the Pilling family at all.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
No I don't but the man who is looking I got onto this site. He goes by Cottage Bob. If you go to his info you can message him to see if he knows.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I don't know if it is any relation, but I was looking through the old Beach Banners from 1926 (at David's request) and notice the name Walker there, once again it is a common name.

"Next comes one of the oldest of the Beach summer residences, that of Mrs. J.J. Dorsey's. A. W. Milligan and family occupy the house. The late William Walker who was a soap manufacturer in Hamilton about thirty years ago was the original owner. Mr. Walker, it might be said, was the chief founder of the Bethel Summer Church."

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
It would certainly help if we knew where this particular Walker family lived. If you are referring to the 1926 papers noted above then the A.W. Milligan is probably Al Milligan or his father.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
"Next comes one of the oldest of the Beach summer residences, ......chief founder of the Bethel Summer Church."

Just putting things together, new member Bob did mention that his home (Killarney) was one of the oldest and in a Gary Evans book, Gary wrote with a picture of Killarney, taken in 1958, that the building was believed to be 100 years old. And the Bethal Church was very close to Killarney, all speculation but I thought I would throw it in.

Top Bottom