Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
NOTICE OF COMMENCEMENT
of an environmental assessment
Pier 26, Building Construction Project
Hamilton Harbour (ON)

April 18, 2008 -- The Hamilton Port Authority is required to ensure that a screening is conducted commencing on April 7, 2008 in relation to the project: Pier 26, Building Construction Project.

Approximately 1.8 hectares at 239 Eastport Blvd on Pier 26 is proposed to be leased from the Hamilton Port Authority. The prospective lessee is a fabricator of pressure vessels, condensers, heat exchangers, boiler drums and custom steel related products. Fabrication processes will include welding of pre-cut pieces of steel, cutting and potentially sandblasting. Completed products will be shipped out via a new rail line proposed for the property as well as by barges/boats. Proposed plans for the property also include the construction of a building and two future enclosures.

Under section 9 of the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, an environmental assessment is required in relation to this project because the Hamilton Port Authority may provide federal lands for the purpose of enabling this project to be carried out and is the proponent for the project.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Public Notification and Notice of Public Meeting

239 Eastport Blvd on Pier 26 is proposed to be leased from
the Hamilton Port Authority. The prospective lessee designs
and fabricates large industrial equipment and custom steel
related products. Proposed plans for the property include the
construction of a building and a new rail line.
Trow Associates Inc. has been retained to complete an
Environmental Assessment Screening Report and would
appreciate your comments for use in the EA Report. We
welcome you to attend an Open House Meeting on May 5,
2008 between the hours of 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm at the
Hamilton Beach Rescue Unit, located at 316 Beach
Boulevard. Representatives will be in attendance with
background information on the EA and proposed property
use. Comments are welcome until the 26th day of May, 2008.
For further information, please contact:
Kim Logan
Environmental Technician, Trow Associates Inc.
905-664-3300 ext 269, Email: <kim.logan@trow.com>

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
How did the meeting go? I wanted to be there but was stuck in Toronto that evening.
smr;
I did attend but it was a waste of my time. I asked one of the consultants about the impact on our community. She said that there would be no impact, so I asked if there would be any smokestacks of any kind present on the site?
She wasn't positive that there weren't any stacks but stated that the gentleman on the other side of the room had all the answers to my questions, I assumed that he was the owner of this company.
A couple of Beach residents and myself went over to ask some questions, but he had two other fellas already asking questions. These guys must of pro question askers, they just kept on asking lame question after lame question, who cares if there are computers on the floor or not. It kind of reminded me of some of the infomercials you see on TV as it seemed that they having a conservation for our benefit.
I have never seen these question askers before so I know they are not from the Beach Strip and after ten minutes of dumb questions, I gave up and left.
So I never did get answers to my concerns which will affect us all.
I don't know what this will do to our community and that doesn't even take into account that there will be another mess on Eastport for the thousands that pass everyday to see.

Top Bottom