scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Councillor Chad Collins Report
OCTOBER 2005
BEACH COMMUNITY EDITION
The lot on the north-west corner of Beach Blvd and VanWagners Road is scheduled for a clean up and replanting. Several months ago I met with Forestry and Public Works officials to discuss the long term plans for the vacant lots designated "Open Space" in-the Beach Neighbourhood Plan. I requested our staff initiate clean up efforts on these lots that would include the removal of dead or diseased trees, the re-grading and reseeding/sodding of the lots, the addition of new trees, as well as the removal of any garbage or debris that might exist. In response to my request, City Council approved $25,000 to address the first lot on the boulevard, across from the memorial garden. The proposed work will be undertaken through the fall and into the spring of 2006.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Bobbie-Anne said:
Hi Scott

It sure will be nice to see that lot fixed up. Visitors to our community see the lovely garden on one side and that ugly eyesore on the other side!!!
Hi Bobbie-Anne; :wavey:
The garden on the lake side took a little beating with the sewer install for for the Community Centre, hopefully it will be all (both sides of the Blvd) fixed up by next summer.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
I think they need to do something with ALL the over grown lots on the beach.
My parents have had tree's fall in their back yard from the empty lots. THEY end up cleaning it up. And the back yard is being over grown because of them. The city should be paying my dad for trying to keep up with at least the side of their lot that runs into their lot.

If he doesn't try to keep up with the over growth, they would lose their whole back yard.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
That's a nice lot, surprised it hasn't been sold yet. Won't have to clean up after it then, it's going to get a whole lot more crowded once all the building is done. :sure:

BeckyS

May 29, 2005
Oh come on, the over grown lots aren't that bad! They help me to give people directions to my house! You know... go down the street, you'll see two over-grown lots with graffitied billboards facing the wrong direction on them...

*rolls her eyes*

"it's going to get a whole lot more crowded once all the building is done"

... if they ever get around to it....

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
BeckyS said:
Oh come on, the over grown lots aren't that bad! They help me to give people directions to my house! You know... go down the street, you'll see two over-grown lots with graffitied billboards facing the wrong direction on them...

*rolls her eyes*

"it's going to get a whole lot more crowded once all the building is done"

... if they ever get around to it....
For you, it is going to be a little longer, check my last post.

http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2427#post2427

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Went by today and the City has done a nice job of cleaning up some of the greenspace lots :tbu:, especially this one at VanWagners' and Beach Blvd.

Top Bottom