Meeting re: Burlington Canal

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Meeting of the Burlington Historical Society, Jan. 13 at 7 pm at the Burlington Central Library. The speaker is Bob Sears whose subject will be Journey to Paradise - The Burlington and Desjardins Canals.

Thought some of the researchers might like to go and start a food fight. You know we won't all agree with Mr. Sears. We can't agree with each other. LOL

I'm going. One problem I find with the meetings is sometimes the subject isn't exactly what the title implies it is. I have gone to a few and thought I walked into the wrong room. Good meetings just not what I prepared for.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
I always find the right room but when you are passionate about the old sailing ships and you go to a talk called "The History of Shipping on the Great Lakes" and all they talk about is lake freighters then I feel that is alittle misleading. I had taken some stuff on real shipping HISTORY involving Waldie, Hall and Proctor and Waldie's Wharf. Real history of Wellington Square. Hence of the early history of shipping. Stupid me I thought the speaker might be interested in seeing some of it. Left early.

Top Bottom