Brant Street.

If you are able, drop by for a chat. Mike undoubtedly has some interesting
recollections to share.

David Auger
Beach Canal Lighthouse Group

Collings

Dec 24, 2004
Winnipeg
I remember his dad, also mike...my father went to the house one day, and heard gunfire from within the house...so my dad went in, and saw mike sr standing on top of the stove with a 22 rifle...my dad asked him what he was doing - mike sr replied "there are mice in the stove, I am trying to get rid of them"... my father pointed out that he should really be using shotshells as bullets were going through the side of the stove...My father was also friends with Pete Coletti...

lighthouse kid

Mar 6, 2007
1155 Beach Blvd - 1962-1972
I just finished reading this story, I believe it was posted earlier too.

The first time I read this story, I called my brother Bill who now lives in Amhurstburg, Ont to see if there was something that I missed out on when I wasn't around when we lived in either the white bungalow or the red brick lighthouse keepers house.

But much as this story makes for good reading, my father never shot off a gun in our house. Good story tho.........

He did although, along with Doug Collings design a mouse trap for under the sink in the kitchen for the white bungalow. (the bungalow used to sit across from the red brick house many years ago)

They came up with an idea to "zap" the mice.

Both of them had a few laughs about it and put their design to work.

It consisted of a plate with water on it, some batteries connected to wire with the bait hung above the plate. Every time the mice would stand in or touch the plate with water on it we would hear them squeal as they got zapped and died.

My brother and I had to remove the mice after wards.

It wasn't the greatest job too.

No gun was ever used.

-Michael Gushulak

Collings

Dec 24, 2004
Winnipeg
My father was Doug Collings...I remember my father coming home and telling my mother about it..I think you and billy must have been away..visiting your mother maybe?

Top Bottom