MLH: SOLO - Art Show & Sale - Sunday, Sept 14th

missy2013

Aug 27, 2013
715 - Studio 3 - lakeside
Hi Everyone -

The Hamilton Beach Community is cordially invited to my one day 'pop up' art event in the Hamilton Beach Rescue Unit Community Hall on Sunday, Sept 14th, from 2-5pm.

There will be lots of variety for the eye & ear curious, including new oil & acrylic paintings, pinhole & photo-collage photography, custom art books and I will be introducing my first musical CD, 'Summer Haze'. Lotsa fun!

Prices will range from $10 to $3500 for a signed MLH Original. (Cash or Credit Card & Carry.)
There's no need to buy anything of course, just pop around, take a look, and maybe say 'hello'.
All are welcome. This is a family friendly event.

There will also be FREE lemonade, (and for those who may not know, there is FREE parking at the back of the HBRU building.)

For more info, please check out my next newsletter ...

Hope to see all your cheery faces in September!

Until then -
Lindsay

Margaret Lindsay Holton aka 'MLH'
Golden Horseshoe Artist & Author
Beach Resident 2 years & counting ...

missy2013

Aug 27, 2013
Nathan Fleet's new 'PermimeterHamilton' film ...

Hi again ... Thought some of you might find Nathan Fleet's new 2 hour+ film, 'Perimeter Hamilton', of interest. He starts on the other side of the Lift Bridge in dawn's wee hours, drives over and onto Beach Blvd for the first 5 minutes into the film, and then continues on around the ENTIRE perimeter of the City of Hamilton, in one very loooooong take ... Two plus hours later, he ends up at the waterfront again.

See the entire film here: http://nathanfleet.com/FleetWebs/PerimeterHamilton.html

Personally, I find the whole thing kind of mesmerizing. There's always that element of 'hey look, there's whatsits!, ... and isn't that whosits?!' - just as you've always seen it. And then there are the surprises, 'what? THAT'S changed!' ... and/or ... 'Oh no, it's GONE!' ....

Plus, what an intriguing document it will be in the years to come. It marks a moment a time.
Not all is noteworthy, some sun glare and bad out-of-focus moments do grate.
But, overall, it is novel and it does reflect 'our time'. - Enjoy!

Finally, gentle reminder -
Hope to see many of you on Sunday, Sept 14th, 2-5pm, at HBRU for my pop-up art show & sale. ... ...:2peace:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
It's 200km to drive around Hamilton, I would of never guessed that it would be that long of a journey, lucky he was driving.

Good find, by watching the trip, the Skyway Bridge scaffolding isn't too far from what it looks like now, but on the return trip you can see that the "accident" hasn't happened yet. So before July 31st. Also our flyer guy has his car (red Grand Prix) parked on the side of the Blvd, that makes it a Thursday or a Friday, my guess is that the movie date is July 24th.
Too bad it wasn't a little brighter for the Beach trip.

I will be working on your art sale day, will drop in the night before and see if you are setting up. (They gave me a key)

missy2013

Aug 27, 2013
Hi, yes, I too thought it an interesting find ... and good on you to 'date' it.

Too bad you can't make my show. :( ... You won't be able to see it the day/night before, because I'm not setting it up until one hour before opening. There's another function there in the morning, so the timing is tight ...). A key won't help!

For what it's worth, I'll be showing JUST some my pinhole photography (no digital photos, books, music or paintings) at the Fine Art Society of Milton Studio Tour, with another artist, on Cedar Springs Road early-October. I'll bring some maps/brochures to that event too to the show on the 14th, and will leave a couple behind for anyone who might be interested.

Will miss your cheery face!

missy2013

Aug 27, 2013
p.s. Thought I'd also supply another link to show a few samples of some of the photo art works that will be 'on display' on Sunday - just in case you can't make it. :) The prices listed on Fine Art America are higher then what I'll be offering at the HBRU, so if you like what you see here, try to get someone else to pick up the 'cheaper' item (or an alternative?) for you in the Community Hall.

Just so you all know, I am offering a one-time 'special price' to Beach residents on these items because I do think (and hope) you will like them ... All enlarged local photographic prints are signed & dated by yours truly.

And yes, if you're wondering, the book mentioned in the following link, 'Josephine's Garden', is a tribute to JOSEPHINE's marvelous lakeside garden. A few of you may know her.

Enjoy. - http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/...?tab=artworkgalleries&artworkgalleryid=322838

missy2013

Aug 27, 2013
See you all on Sunday!!! Can't wait!

Sunday, September 14th, 2-5pm, at HBRU, Community Hall.
316 Beach Blvd. - Expect the unexpected!

MLH:SOLO - Artworks by Margaret Lindsay Holton: 'Pop Up' Show & Sale

Come on over! - Meet this award-winning multi-disciplined Golden Horseshoe Artist.

I'm only going to do this once!

mlh

Top Bottom