Nearly time

rbaker.1

Dec 4, 2006
Been watching the QE road cameras at #2, and I see that the snow is dissappearing quickly. The temps are up and in 4 weeks we will leave Key West for home.
The strawberries are on the market here and my ALOE is in bloom thats the indicator.
This darn computer is having fits and I suspect the memory chipsare getting old like me. Nice as it is down here I sure look forward to the senery at home.

The blossoms will soon be on the trees and it will be time to plant the garden.

I had a bad growing season here , the tomatoes grew and grew and grew, but no blossoms or tomatoes. One only the plants grew to 6 feet and then one day the turned brown and dropped dead. Neighbours had the same luck, so I can't blame me. WELL! not much

Have all the chores and repairs done and I am OK till next fall.

I can hear the bussle on the life along the strip and look to a drive down the strip. I remember the first time I saw the strip July 1941, driving from Toronto to Niagara at 30 miles per hour in a model T Ford. Boy we were tired at the end on the trip. I Niagara you could park anywhere and stop to look at the falls. A little change today.

No Skyway, all the cars came down the beach and when the bridge was up the traffic was from Guelph Line to #20 Highway traffic circle Remember that?

The strip was a holiday place. In 1943 I went to the hall and watched Vaughn Monroe.
If you went to the Brant Inn and had you picture taken by Ann Burton, guess who was in the basement processing the pix. I'll give you one guess. Went to Murray Andersons parties with the bands every Sat evening..

OH Well! that was then and now all is gone, Tomorrow it could be me

See you all soon

Rae Baker
Key West Fl

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi again Rae;
Thanks for the reflections from the past, I assume you don't have any of those old pictures that you did while working at the Brant Inn??

Anyway thanks for bringing up the weather again, more snow today and it was soooo nice for the last few.:D That's twice now, hurry back so it will stop snowing.

Top Bottom