need your help finding...

Jeannette

Mar 9, 2004
now living in Cambridge, ON
looking for an old Hamilton Spectator front page picture, not sure how to find it. I was the young girl that was on the front page when Bell Cairn was closing, my mom always had the clipping, but I have asked her to find it for me, and we are not having any luck locating it. I would love to have a copy to put in my photo album and show my kids. Any help would be great. I would really appreciate it.

Jeannette

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Jeannette said:
looking for an old Hamilton Spectator front page picture, not sure how to find it. I was the young girl that was on the front page when Bell Cairn was closing, my mom always had the clipping, but I have asked her to find it for me, and we are not having any luck locating it. I would love to have a copy to put in my photo album and show my kids. Any help would be great. I would really appreciate it.

Jeannette
Maybe someone has it put aside, if not, I think the Hamilton Library has all Spec articles on film, but you will need a date. I would like to see it if you or someone else comes across it.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Jeannette said:
I actually got the picture I was searching for, we went to my Aunt Rory's for a BBQ and she had been saving it all these years for me. I will have to scan it and post it for ya's to have a laugh...
Been trying to get to the Special Collections section at the Main Library, but didn't have much time lately. Let me know if you need a hand to post it.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I don't remember if Jeanette sent me this or not, just found last week when going through all my old pictures and files.
Another better late than never.
To see it properly double click on the picture and it should open in another window, click on it there and it will be full size.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thats awesome, I need to find the date I was in at easter in the 70's when I was a kid I'd love to see the old pics..to the library I go
If you do a search in Spec, you can go back to about the mid-80's, but if you were in the 70's, then yes it is back to the libarary. Central Library, 3rd Floor.

Top Bottom