R.I.P Tim Beck.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
Very Sad.

The Accident last night on Ridge Rd, where the vehicle went over the escarpment......the man in the van was killed obviously.......He used to be a resident of the Beach. He lived on Grafton. Tim Beck. He was in his 32 year.

I'll update if I learn anything else.
RIP Tim.

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Must be this

Driver killed in plunge off escarpment

The Hamilton Spectator
(Jan 19, 2008)
A 31-year-old Caistor Centre man died instantly when his sport utility vehicle tore through a guardrail and plunged over the escarpment in Stoney Creek early yesterday.

He was the city's second traffic fatality of the new year.

Hamilton police said the unidentified motorist and sole occupant of a Nissan Pathfinder was travelling north on Tapleytown Road and ran through a stop sign at an intersection where Ridge Road runs along the edge of the escarpment.

Police said the vehicle was travelling at high speed when it crashed through the barrier and catapulted into a wooded area several metres below at about 1:18 a.m.

If you have any information about this incident, you're asked to contact the Hamilton collision reconstruction unit at 905-546-4753.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
BECK, Tim

From today's Spec.

As the result of a tragic accident, on Friday, January 18, 2008 in his 32nd year. Beloved soulmate of Kyla O'Regan. Devoted father of Cohen and Ruby. Loving son of David and Brenda Beck and step mother Rosalind Carter. Brother and best friend of Cheryl Beck-Trkulja. Cherished son-in-law of Darrel and Anita O'Regan. Brother-in-law of Dallas O'Regan and Milos Trkulja. Loved grandson of Gary and Gail Lepage. Will be sadly missed by his nephews Milos and Liam, Ross, Riley and Reichal. Reunited once again with his niece Madisyn. Tim will be missed by many family and friends. Family and friends will be received at the DONALD V. BROWN FUNERAL HOME, 36 Lake Ave. Dr., Stoney Creek on Sunday from 2-4 and 6-9 p.m. The funeral service will be held in the chapel on Monday, January 21 at 1 p.m. Cremation to follow. As an expression of sympathy, donations to Cohen and Ruby Beck's Future would be appreciated by the family. www.donaldvbrown.ca

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
'The sweetest man I've ever known'

February 05, 2008
Amberly Mcateer
Special to The Hamilton Spectator
(Feb 5, 2008)
TIM BECK 1976 - 2008

From the crowd, it seemed as though Tim Beck, a bass guitarist in several local punk bands over the last decade, was a brash, rebellious sort of guy.

Sporting tattoos and a spiked collar, he bounced around the stage, head banging, arms flailing.

But those who knew him describe a laid-back, devoted family man who kept to himself. "A gentle old soul who lived his life for the moment," says his wife Kyla O'Regan.

Beck's world centred around his two children, Cohen, 3 and Ruby, 1.

He often painted and wrote poetry, and enjoyed brushing his wife's hair every morning.

"It was our time together. I was always so tickled that I got to be with Tim. He was the sweetest man I've ever known."

Both their children have cystic fibrosis, a genetic disease requiring hospital visits, medication and daily home treatments. Beck took his kids' health seriously, "never wanting them to suffer for even a moment." He made their daily percussion treatment, a process of thumping the children's torsos so they can breathe more easily, as enjoyable as possible.

"He'd throw on Johnny Cash, and Daddy would play the drums on their back. They had the best time."

A practical joker, he used physical humour to make his friends laugh, not unlike his favourite comedian, Chris Farley.

"He was always such a goof, grinning like a Cheshire cat," recalls Bryan Brice, a fellow member of RiotStar, Beck's first punk band, popular in the underground culture in the late '90s.

The songs he penned were never malicious or violent, recalls the band's promoter, Lou Molinaro.

"He wrote about new love, good times with friends and heartbreak ... They could've been Chuck Berry or Jerry Lee Lewis songs, just dubbed to a harder sound."

At the height of his career as a performer, Beck developed addictions to alcohol and hard drugs. But he "took those demons by the tail" when his son was born, says Molinaro.

"If he was going through turmoil, you could never tell. He lit up the room -- he just radiated -- with that smile."

Sober for most of the last four years, Beck still battled with severe bouts of depression. In the early hours of Jan. 18, nearly a month shy of his 32nd birthday, he ended his life by driving his vehicle off the escarpment.

"I'm not angry at him for doing it," says O'Regan. "I just miss him ... He was a good man who loved me and our kids so much."

Beck left a list of songs to play at his funeral service, including the Johnny Cash song I Walk The Line.

A benefit concert will be held for Beck's family on March 7. For more information, e-mail Lou Molinaro at doitfortimbeck@hotmail.com.

More info on Facebook;

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9755422233

Top Bottom