Remembering Dieppe: An accounting of a terrible time

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
No mention in the article that the service had taken place on the Beach Strip and the pictures state that the location is Beach Road.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the moving and well-attended annual service Wednesday, people of all kinds and ages gathered to honour those who served in the fateful, one-sided battle at which Allied prospects suffered such a dire setback in 1942.

The service took place in the gentle roast of a bright late morning sun, in the midst of the poetically beautiful Dieppe Veterans' Memorial Park, and there lay over the whole scene a kind of hushed tenderness.

Read More;
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5805677-remembering-dieppe-an-accounting-of-a-terrible-time/

missy2013

Aug 27, 2013
715 - Studio 3 - lakeside
Unhappily that's a common confusing error re: Beach Blvd, and Beach Road. I gave the address to a friend recently as Beach Blvd, and they spent half an hour zooming up and down Beach Road. I tried to 'sign in' to The Spec to clarify, but their 'sign in' is hopeless and I abandoned the effort in despair ...

Horrible battle. Horrible war. Too many precious young lives lost ..

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Unhappily that's a common confusing error re: Beach Blvd, and Beach Road. I gave the address to a friend recently as Beach Blvd, and they spent half an hour zooming up and down Beach Road. I tried to 'sign in' to The Spec to clarify, but their 'sign in' is hopeless and I abandoned the effort in despair ...

Horrible battle. Horrible war. Too many precious young lives lost ..
The Beach Strip at one time was Beach Road, but it has been a long time. You have to use your email address for the spec to sign in, not your user name (even though it asks for a user name).

Top Bottom