Reward being offered.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
There is a reward being offered for any info on my friends missing son.

Police Services Board announces Reward in Missing Person Investigation

To assist detectives in their investigation, Hamilton Police Services Board has posted a $5,000 reward for information leading to the identity or location of the person(s) responsible for the disappearance of Billy Mason.

Twenty-eight year old William (Billy) MASON spoke with his mother on February 22 of this year and has not been heard from since. Billy was reported missing by his family a few days later. Divisional Detectives investigated his uncharacteristic disappearance.

No one has heard from or seen Mr. MASON in the ensuing months, leading family and investigators to believe that foul play may be involved.

The Major Crime Unit of the Hamilton Police is responsible for investigating cases where missing persons have disappeared under suspicious circumstances and they have been working full time on this case since June.

Billy's family, and in particular his 7 year old daughter, is very concerned for his safety. His disappearance has left the family devastated. As the days pass, the fear that Billy is a victim of foul play increases and this has caused a great deal of stress for his family.

Anyone with information on this missing person is asked to call the Major Crime Unit at 905-546-2458.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Posted with full permission from the Hamilton Spectator.

Mom pleads for details on missing son

With no information after eight months, she is pinning her hopes on a $5,000 reward
By Dana Brown and Dan Nolan
Special to the Hamilton Spectator(Nov 3, 2006)
Billy Mason's mother, Donna, is praying a $5,000 reward will get someone talking about her son's disappearance.

"I believe in my heart it will," she said. "Unfortunately, I think that's what people want, that money talks."

Hamilton police have offered the reward for information leading to the identity or location of those responsible for the disappearance of the 27-year-old Main Street East resident. Mason, who has an eight-year-old daughter, has not been seen or heard from since Feb. 22.

Police have done numerous interviews and searched four properties trying to determine his whereabouts, but came up empty-handed.

Investigators say they've been hampered and frustrated by the lack of co-operation from potential witnesses and past associates of the missing man.

Mason's mother shares that frustration.

After eight months, Donna still has no idea what happened.

"I honest to God have no idea," she said. "Billy had numerous, numerous friends, was very well liked.

"I really wish I had something to say about Billy that could lead the police in a certain direction, but I honestly don't."

One of Donna's hardest jobs is explaining the situation to his young daughter. She said they try not to talk about it more than necessary, but the girl was heartbroken when her dad wasn't at her birthday last month.

"She gets mad. She's really angry at him because he's not coming forward. He's not coming around, he's not calling."

Donna and volunteers have plastered city streets with over 3,000 flyers and she is trying to raise at least another $5,000 to offer as a reward. A sold out dance is being held Saturday to help raise cash. Donna said it doesn't matter how people come forward, as long as they start to reveal what happened to her son.

"I'm begging them, somebody please say anything. Help me find my son."

A Bring Billy Home fund has been established at TD Canada Trust. Anyone can make a donation to branch number 237, account number 5208227. Money collected will be used to increase the reward.

dbrown@thespec.com

905-526-4629

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Squirt didn't post it here, but the fundrasier dance made over $3,000 towards the reward, thanks to the few members who pitched in, every little bit counts.:celebrate

Top Bottom