RIP Jack Rivers

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
RIVERS, John (Jack) Percival Passed peacefully, in his 100th year, at the Brant Centre in Burlington. Predeceased by his loving wife Winnie (1997.) Proud father of Wayne (Lynda) of California and Dennis (Connie) of Hamilton. He will be missed by his many nieces, nephews, grandchildren, and great- grandchildren. Jack was a retired employee of Stelco with over 35 years of service. He enjoyed his garden, fishing, hunting and living life on the beach strip. Visitation will be held Thursday, January 12 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the L.G. WALLACE FUNERAL HOME, 151 Ottawa St. N., Hamilton, 905-544-1147, followed by a service in the chapel. Burial to take place immediately following at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens on Hwy 20. Friends may gather at the Rescue Unit on Beach Blvd. following the service. In lieu of flowers, please, send donations to the MS Society.

From 2007
http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=964

Dec 1, 2004
Longueuil, Quebec
I remember the Rivers family who lived not far from us. As I recall, Wayne was becoming a talented hockey player when I left the Beach but I don't know if he ever made hockey his living. My sympathies go out to the family.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I remember the Rivers family who lived not far from us. As I recall, Wayne was becoming a talented hockey player when I left the Beach but I don't know if he ever made hockey his living. My sympathies go out to the family.
I was checking the comments made in the funeral home obits and there was one from the Peddle family with thanks for all the years that Jack drove them to hockey games and practices.

And I don't know if Wayne did well on the rink, I had the chance to talk with one of Jack's (I have no idea how many there were) sons when the Dynes was open because he would stop in from time to time, even had a birthday party for Jack. But with the Dynes now gone I never see the son.

Crawfish

Dec 1, 2004
Longueuil, Quebec
After I posted my remarks about the Rivers family I Googled Wayne Rivers and found that he actually played for many years in the NHL, AHL and other leagues. Lots of entries there about his fortunes.

Top Bottom