RIP Meta Hamilton

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
HAMILTON, Meta Gerhardt (nee Jakali) After a lengthy and difficult battle with Alzheimer's, it is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to a loving mother, grandmother, sister, aunt and friend, on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at Hampton Terrace in Burlington. Meta was the loving and devoted wife of the late Wesley John Robert Hamilton (2010). Beloved mother of Lisa and Lynn (Dave). Cherished and proud grandmother of Wesley, Jaclyn and Julia. Special Aunt to Russell Jakali. Predeceased by her sisters Norma and Gertrude, brother William and special friend Harry Ikeda. Meta will always be remembered for her love and devotion to family and friends along with her wittiness and feisty character. She will truly be missed by all who knew her. The family wishes to extend their sincerest thanks to the doctors, nurses, palliative team and support staff at Hampton Terrace for the excellent care that was provided. As per Meta's wishes, Private Cremation has taken place with no formal services to follow. However, her family will continue to keep her memory alive as she continues to touch their lives every day. The family invites you to share your memories and condolences through the Smith's website (www.smithsfh.com). As an expression of sympathy, donations in memory of Meta to the Alzheimer Society would be sincerely appreciated by the family. "Do not worry about what people think or say. Say what you have to, without hesitation, and leave it at that. Discussing the situation usually waters down the word. State things strongly, and bless them, and leave things to fate. Our love for one another is the most important; that will speak most loudly." - Bill Jakali (Meta's Brother) This is the time, dear Mother, for me to let you know, You're thought about more lovingly than any words can show; A time as good as any for me to say anew, I pray for all the joys of life to be bestowed on you.

http://www.lifenews.ca/announcement/7220448-hamilton-meta-gerhardt

Top Bottom