Snowy owl!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Beautiful Snowy Owl on our roof today!
It has been hanging around the beach strip lately.
Where is the picture? There was a family of them living at the new Windermere Basin, there were a bunch of people gathered on the Beach Strip side taking pictures, but you could hardly see it. Maybe some offspring?

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Great pics Scotto.

I'm surprised to see that bird in this area. And yes the bird watchers will be taking a lot pics of it.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Great pics Scotto.

I'm surprised to see that bird in this area. And yes the bird watchers will be taking a lot pics of it.
As I wrote earlier, there was a crowd at the Winderemere Basin last winter trying to get pictures of one on the other side of the channel, I took a few and it was so far away that the pictures weren't worth using. So there is interest among the bird watchers.
And Sonja took these shots, not me.

Sonja

Apr 28, 2010
The blue castle
Scott, I wish I could take the credit! But as I said in my email, it was Lynn's brother Ed who took these awesome photo's! Thanks for the info Scott about the windermere basin.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I seen a photographer on Eastport today getting a few shots, he told me that it was a Snowy Owl but it left the area. I headed towards the lift bridge area and the falcons were attacking something on the ground that was behind the fence near Fisherman's Pier.

The owl had enough of the falcons and flew back towards the harbor area.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Beautiful bird though and whoever took the pics they are great. :)

And yes they learn fast where the falcons territories are.

Top Bottom