Suggestion

markandjewels

Mar 9, 2004
Having a group is a great idea, however it's overwhelming to navigate through so many forums & folders. Would it be possible to have one, maybe two boards? People can always identify in the title of thier post what their topic is.
Regards,
Jewels

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Groups

Hi Jewels;
Thank you for taking the time to join, the HBC setup you see is a standard VBulletin forum put together by my friend TC and myself. There are many similar forums ran the same way on the Web at the present time. But I really don’t what you mean by your question, would you like to see just one or two sections? Would you like a better title setup? If there are too few sections and sub sections to sort the threads, the sections in time can become too big and also hard to navigate. The subject line must be filled out to post on any thread, this lets members know what you are writing about before a post or thread is opened. If you or any member who wants a sub section for a new group, club, association, etc. that is Beach related (i.e. Euchre Club), just let me know and I will have a look at the request, being a family forum some subject lines won’t be allowed for obvious reasons. Also any sections or sub sections that don’t get used will be removed and that may trim down the Forum a bit. I hope I answer your question.:p
Thanks Scotto.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Jewels

The Forum has been trimed down some as I have remove a couple of section that were not being used, hope that helps a bit. To save time when you visit, just look for the boxed checkmarks on the left of all sections, if any are yellow, that means there has been a new post or thread since your last visit. A grayed checkmark means you have already read all posts in that section.
Thanks Scotto.:wink:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Photo Gallery

Since there is now a Photo Gallery, I have deleted the Landmarks and Attraction section in the forum. Soon I will start an album in the Photo Gallery for the Dieppe thread that was delete. Thanks again to TC for the Photo Gallery.
:beer:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
More Deletions

More unused sections were deleted today, the only unused section that was kept was the fishing section as a member has promised to start at some point to Mod it and keep it dated. A humour section was added today, so dig out all your good jokes. :D

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
H2O;
As you can see by the first post, we try not to have too many sections and sub-section, all "chit-chat" is done in the "Forum Talk" or the "We Are Listening" sections as you have done already.
Thanks for asking and I won't even try to beat that Flamingo Drive score. :rock:
Scotto

Top Bottom