The TD Great Canadian Shore Clean Up

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
A member contacted me today and asked if I knew anything about a crowd of people cleaning up the beach on both the Hamilton and Burlington sides.
I never heard a thing, I told him.
I stopped down by the ship canal and talk with a group of volunteers who were on there lunch break from their work at Environment Canada (CCIW).

It seems for many years now the TD Bank promotes costal clean up in many cities around the country during this week in September.
This is part of the international effort to clean up all the waterways worldwide.

Thanks to all these volunteers for a real nice job.

http://www.vanaqua.org/cleanup/home.php#

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
article in todays spec asking for canoeist to help out
Thanks rorush!:tbu:

Shore cleanup needs canoeists

The Hamilton Spectator
(Sep 19, 2007)
The Bay Area Restoration Council (BARC) is looking for a few canoes and canoeists to help in the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup along the Hamilton Waterfront Trail.

If you are willing to bring your canoe down to the Desjardins Canal on Saturday at 9:30 a.m., please call Kelly Pike at BARC, 905-527-7111.

Pike says Lake Ontario's current low water level has exposed scrap tires and other junk just offshore that can best be collected by boat.

The annual, national cleanup organized by the Vancouver Aquarium and the TD-Canada Trust Friends of the Environment Foundation began last weekend and continues this weekend in both Burlington and Hamilton.

Glendale Secondary students will do their part at Van Wagner's Beach Friday morning, and Redeemer University College participants meet in the Dundurn Castle parking lot at 10 a.m. Saturday.

Burlington residents will gather in the soccer field parking lot behind Nelson Arena at 9 a.m. Saturday to tackle Shoreacres Creek.

Visit www.vanaqua.org. for information.

Top Bottom