Trees Across the Beach Strip.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This Remember when Beach Boulevard was lined with towering trees on both sides?
Driving beneath the trees forming a leafy canopy along its length must have
been a pleasure.
Brian Butler
Beach Resident

The City new initiative, Trees Across Hamilton was brought forward at the last Beach Council meeting and was discussed at length. As Mr. Butler suggests, if the City wants the trees back, then why not here on the Beach.
Contact City Hall from the info link provided below and request a tree
planted in front of your residence and have Beach Boulevard return to the
days of a tree lined thoroughfare.
http://www.hamilton.ca/parks/forestry/tree-planting-program

Photo.
A tree lined Clare Ave from the old days, thanks the Ronalds family.

City Hall

Councillor Ward 5
Special Thank You

A special thank you to Beach resident Teresa Kemp, who assisted this past Saturday with the City's Trees Across Hamilton program. Two hundred trees were planted along both sides of the Waterfront Trail, from the old Hutches parking lot to the bridge just past the Wave Pool. Each ward across the City has a designated location for the 2005 tree planting campaign, and my suggestion for Ward 5 was the waterfront trail. Next year, I'd like to propose the vacant lots designated as Open Space in the Beach Neighbourhood Plan as the recipient for Ward 5's 2006 trees.

Unfortunately, the date and time of this years event was sort of a last minute initiative, whereby we were trying to take advantage of the spring planting season. Next years event will be widely publicized through the Beach Community and across the ward.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
City Hall said:
A special thank you to Beach resident Teresa Kemp, who assisted this past Saturday with the City's Trees Across Hamilton program. Two hundred trees were planted along both sides of the Waterfront Trail, from the old Hutches parking lot to the bridge just past the Wave Pool.
WTG Teresa. :rock:

City Hall said:
Each ward across the City has a designated location for the 2005 tree planting campaign, and my suggestion for Ward 5 was the waterfront trail. Next year, I'd like to propose the vacant lots designated as Open Space in the Beach Neighbourhood Plan as the recipient for Ward 5's 2006 trees.

Unfortunately, the date and time of this years event was sort of a last minute initiative, whereby we were trying to take advantage of the spring planting season. Next years event will be widely publicized through the Beach Community and across the ward.

That sounds like a great idea, I know at the Beach tree planting a couple years ago, not much that was planted lived because of the soil condition. Trees would have a much better chance in the open space lots.
Thanks Chad.

Top Bottom