Trucks On The Strip

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
From the January 2006 Beach Banner
We have a law that states-No Heavy Trucks on the Blvd. A lot of these guys take shortcuts along our road. To stop them this is what to do. Note the name of the truck. The time it went through-the license number-and the location. Then phone the Aggressive Drivers
Hot line and report it. call 905-546-1768.

Jude

Apr 4, 2004
Beach strip
How is the beach strip a short cut for the trucks? I know there is a by-law against it, but i think the only reason they come down here is to stop at their homes, they are lost, or there is an accident forcing them down here.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I haven't seen them, but there have been some complaints about the tanker trucks from Eastport using the Beach Blvd. They have no reason to be on the Strip, only trucks that have business to do here are allowed here. Again I haven't seen any, if anyone does, please post all info.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
I used to see some when I lived there.
Unless they are are a delivery truck going to Dynes, the Rescue Unit or the School they have no need there. I have had to back up more then once on Van Wagners by the lights because Trucks decide they want to turn there and have no room.

Top Bottom