Urban Design & Architecture Awards 2007

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This was sent in by Councillor Collins, but I don't see any places on the Beach nominated??? Anyone have a suggestion??

City of Hamilton
People's Choice - Urban Design & Architecture Awards 2007
Print

A jury of volunteer experts has made their selection of the best new architecture and public spaces in Hamilton and now we need your to help! Select the Peoples Choice Award by voting for the project you think makes the best contribution to Hamilton’s architecture and public spaces.

http://www.myhamilton.ca/myhamilton...n/CurrentProjects/peoplesChoiceAwards2007.htm

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
A jury of volunteer experts has made their selection of the best new architecture and public spaces in Hamilton and now we need your to help! Select the Peoples Choice Award by voting for the project you think makes the best contribution to Hamilton's architecture and public spaces.

How about this one, among the many that we could use down here?
The new Lakeland Centre would seem to fit the criteria from the above quote.

Any other suggestions??

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I hate to be a naysayer, but I am not sure I would want to see that "white elephant" nominated. I personally feel it was a waste with what they built.
I just sent it in five minutes ago and I guess I won't get your vote, :Ddo you have a better idea for something down here??
I know there are many places along the Path that have some good architecture character.

I have used that facility many times since it was built, I have taken the kids to the pool and the splash pad. I have taken pictures of the waterfront on both sides (great view) on many occasions, even the middle of the winter when they let me in. There is a restaurant located in the bottom section just a few feet from the Path and I have seen the odd wedding reception take place, so it is being used.
As you can see now on the Beach, there are large condo projects starting with more on the way. At least this is a people place for all to use and not a wall of shoe horned in condos, so I may have to disagree(and we are all entitled to our opinion here) with the "white elephant" comment. I thought we were lucky to get this centre in our backyard.

Top Bottom