When I drive down Van Wagners

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
When I drive down Van Wagers, from the lights at the beach all the way to Centennial my stomach turns. Why does the city NOT cut the grass? All along the side of the road are big tall weeds. On the both sides. People come down to the beach for the view, but just driving by does NOT make me want to stop in. Burlington is so well kept and neat and tidy. But the Hamilton side looks like a slum.
It's embarrassing. Who can we contact to get it cleaned up? They used to keep it all trimmed up and neat. But the last couple years they started slacking. But this year is the worst I have seen. I don't think the grass/weeds have been cut once.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I don't know if those belong to the City or the Conservation Authority, you could call Public Works or ask Councillor Collins about it. If you email him, then he will send to complaint though the proper channels.

Our fine Mayor wanted to leave all the weeds uncut along the expressways, he calls them wild flowers.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Yup..i agree....i noticed it alot during the jimmy lomax street sale..mostly on the highway side.
the weeds & bushes were growing OVER the sidewalks :eek:

maybe the city thinks the homeowners should do the extra work? & vice versa? I think the city should do something..at least CLEAR the sidewalks!~
Maybe email your MP?

Top Bottom