Winter EH!

rbaker.1

Dec 4, 2006
Well winter is half gone and good ridness, The snow will soon begin to slowly dissappear. A I will shortly be heading back to the burlington/Hamilton area.
I watch the highway cameras everyday and am keeping a tab on you there on the beach.
This winter here in Key West has been the wettest in all the 20 winters we have been here. Most winters have no rain at all.
We are experiencing heavy rains today and tornado warnings, so not all is paradise down here.

I am pleased at all the notes I read and the pictures,of the beach area, I feel like I am there and walking down the strip. I have for many years serviced the ships in the harbour for the Marconi Co. And still communicate with that famous lighthouse guy now in New Brunswick. Need I mention his name.Heh heh.

Regards to all.

Rae Baker Key West Fl.
<raebaker@comcast.net>
The pix are especially wonderful new and old.

Stay warm and well

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Rae;:wavey:
No you don't need to mention Pete's name:apat: be nice to hear from him though.

I have many more pictures that have been dropped off, but I just don't seem to get the time lately to post them. Will have to get myself moving on that. TC says we still have tons of room for more and I'm glad you like the ones we have.

Seen the nice rainstorm during the Superbowl(how far are you from Miami?), but be happy with the weather you have, we are getting some snow today and are supposed to get a lot starting tomorrow afternoon and it's beenn cold, cold, cold.
The groundhog did see his shadow, so it shouldn't last too long.

rbaker.1

Dec 4, 2006
I am 145 miles south west of Miami. a 3 hr drive,but just beautiful. the Atlantic on one side of the road and the Gulf of Mexico on the other.
Heavy rains the last couple of days, island just a few miles east of me got 10 inches of rain. (Niagara Falls).
Yes post the pix they are most important. I have some of old beach and will post them once home in the Beach area.

Regards
to you

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
There you go Rae; we will have to blame all that snow we got last night on you:apat: We didn't really get any last winter and this winter was looking the same until you said something:laugh: No school today, just about everything was closed down.
Last year we didn't get any snow banks on the beach and until yesterday there wasn't any, we have pretty big ones now!

Jul 25, 2005
Nice pic's, Scotto. Been colder that a titch's wit here in Ohio. I'm getting sick of wearing my insulated hunting coveralls to do anything outside in. (They are camo) Yesterday, I had to take my daughter to school, busses were not running on time. I walked down the hall in my camo's, unzipped, for the school was warm, therefore exposing a UFC teeshirt, and waring a NASCAR Bristol hat. It didn't occur to me till I walked out, I must look like the biggist Redneck for miles.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
You are the biggest redneck for miles, do you have a rifle rack in your pickup truck???:laugh:
Yes, it seems to me that we got more snow in one day than we got all of last year.

Jul 25, 2005
You are the biggest redneck for miles, do you have a rifle rack in your pickup truck???:laugh:
Well....UM...yea.
And the only thing that gets my Wife off this hill I live on is the snowblade on my 4 wheel drive 4 wheeler.
She dosn't like the Blazer I use in the Winter. You know, maybe I am a Redneck.:beer:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Well....UM...yea.
And the only thing that gets my Wife off this hill I live on is the snowblade on my 4 wheel drive 4 wheeler.
She dosn't like the Blazer I use in the Winter. You know, maybe I am a Redneck.:beer:
See I knew it, next question, do you have antlers (steer horns count) sticking out the front of the pickup.
Nice quad you got the wife, was that for Valentines Day?

And I don't see much snow there, looks like only a couple inches??
I know I have told you before, great looking spread you have there, how much land do have?

Jul 25, 2005
See I knew it, next question, do you have antlers (steer horns count) sticking out the front of the pickup.
Nice quad you got the wife, was that for Valentines Day?

And I don't see much snow there, looks like only a couple inches??
I know I have told you before, great looking spread you have there, how much land do have?
Thanks Scotto, we have 26 acres up here. That photo of the house was really from last year, but looks about the same as this year. The colvert photo was taken Today. 2 or 3 inches really messes up my day, I have to blade it off early to be able for everyone to get out. I got the quad shortly after we moved up here. Suprised me, Wifey lost a 16 year old to a 4 wheeler accident shortly before we were Married, I never met the young woman. She is not afraid to ride this one. Yamaha 400, Kodiak. Fully auto and a very nice machine. Just a few inches really make for a bad day. I'll hunt up the pic's of when the camper lost the electric brakes coming off this hill, now that was ecxiting.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Must be nice to have all that free space, couldn't afford it around here with price of land the way it is ($$$).
Sorry to hear about the wife's loss, quads, gators, snowmobiles etc. can all be dangerous in inexperienced hands.

Jul 25, 2005
Yea, from what I understand she was a passenger on the back, suprises me the Wife will even get on one, but this thing is more like a car than a quad. I live in what is called an 'economicly depressed area'. In other words, land is cheaper, but so is wages. I got the deal of a lifetime on my place. But this hill is hard to deal with.

rbaker.1

Dec 4, 2006
Thanks for the chat and all the pix. They are fine ....if you do not have to shovel it. I can't get my bike to stand up......TOO TIRED

Rae

rbaker.1

Dec 4, 2006
Two Quebec brothers married two twin sisters and where talking.

One said It is time to buy the girls birthday presents, I think I will buy Marie a new watch.
The other said I will buy louise a new chevel.. what kind the other said two doors or four doors ?

No NO a snow chevel.. was the answer

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
holy heck nice spread.

ps you livingroom might be on fire :)
No, that's the bedroom:D

Thanks for the chat and all the pix. They are fine ....if you do not have to shovel it. I can't get my bike to stand up......TOO TIRED

Rae
Had to get the snow plower out this time, but after the kids finish knocking all the snow back onto the sidewalk, I have get the shovel (chevel) out.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
Sorry i'm late. Can I join in the picture fun. ;)

I don't know how you guys get your pics posted like that. I only know how to post them this way.

This is our house the morning of the big snow.

There IS a swing set in the back. And this drift is under Joshua's bedroom window. Almost up as high as the bush.

My neighbours house. The fence is 6 feet. (Don't mind his messy back corner. I am sick of looking at that)

Top Bottom