Latest activity

• scotto
    scotto replied to the thread 991 Beach Blvd....
    A story from the Spectator back in September 1953 gives a little more information, but nothing on where the house came from.
    • Sept1953.jpg
  • scotto
    scotto replied to the thread Salt Storm(starting) 2012.
    Piles still not covered, this is my windshield which is covered with a salt looking substance. Due to the lockdown, my vehicle has had...
    • Dec27.JPG
    • Dec27c.JPG
    • Dec27b.JPG
  • M
    maggie left a message on scotto's profile.
    Good evening, fancy seeing you here.
  • M
    Salt looking substance on my vehicles today and the pile is still uncovered, free Christmas salt.
  • scotto
    Salt looking substance on my vehicles today and the pile is still uncovered, free Christmas salt.
    • Dec26.JPG
  • scotto
    We have had a few impacts over the last month which have been reported to the MOE, but with the Christmas break here, the Port salt...
    • Dec24.JPG
    • Dec25.JPG
    • Dec24b.JPG
  • scotto
    Posted with permission from the Hamilton Spectator...
    • Plume.jpg
  • M
    maggie liked scotto's post in the thread Path Pictures.
  • scotto
    scotto replied to the thread Gas Stations on the Beach.
    Here are few from Ross Somerville, this is his brother Jim who was working at the ESSO across from the Dynes and north of the Rescue...
    • Esso.jpg
    • Esso2.jpg
    • EssoTruck.jpg
    • File0142.jpg
    • Texaco1.jpg
  • scotto
    scotto replied to the thread Path Pictures.
    The canal end of the Beach in 1982 with the railway still on the Lift Bridge, well before the Trail was built. Thanks to M. Neil. Sent...
    • Bridge82.jpg
    • RSCN3487a.JPG
  • scotto
    scotto replied to the thread Gas Stations on the Beach.
    A few pictures of the stations from 1980 courtesy M. Neil. The BP located near the canal, this station was one of many around Hamilton...
    • Beach Station.jpg
    • BP.jpg
    • Skyway.jpg
    • Texaco.jpg
    • Turbo.jpg
  • scotto
    scotto posted the thread Gas Stations on the Beach in History.
    Over the decades we have had, to my knowledge, four gas stations on the Beach. In the picture below two of those are shown, Charlie...
    • TPLesso1958.jpg
  • scotto
    scotto replied to the thread Confederation Park.
    This is a cropped TPL picture showing what Confederation Park looked liked before the City took it over. This would be about 1958.
    • TPL-burlington002.jpg
  • scotto
    scotto replied to the thread Hydro One is back.
    Hydro One is at work changing the insulators that hold the tower wires. Hydro One working last night at Van Wagner's'
    • Tower.JPG
    • Hydro.JPG
  • scotto
    scotto replied to the thread Old newspaper letters/articles.
    Adding this article from July 18th, 1952 as I didn't know that Burlington had a yacht club on the other side of the canal.
    • Burlington Yacht.jpg
Top Bottom