Walmart question.....

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
I was curious to know what stores they are currently building beside the new walmart on centeniel prkway.
anyone know?

Im gonna say either staples or canadian tire or dollarama. :D

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
1. Walmart Supercentre
2. Toys "R" Us
9. Buffalo Wild Wings
10. Bank
15. Dollar Tree
18. Mucho Burrito
19. Extreme Pita
20. Great Clips
22. Dental Office
23. Sally Beauty
24. Subway
25. 5 Guys Burgers & Fries

Anything marked in orange means that space is still vacant and up for lease. It looks like the burger shop will be a drive thru.

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I drive by there at least twice a week and every time it has changed, I haven't seen the flag though. They must of just put it in?

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
it was just put up yesterday, the tower is high enough to have a red light aircraft beacon.

I think it's really cool, Les thinks it is to American

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I'm surprised Arby's isn't going in there. The only left is at Limeridge Mall and I hate that mall.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I am hoping they close the book store at Eastgate and open a bigger store at Confederation as a big Chapters. The book store at Eastgate isn't all that large. And it's the only book store in the east end now.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I am hoping they close the book store at Eastgate and open a bigger store at Confederation as a big Chapters. The book store at Eastgate isn't all that large. And it's the only book store in the east end now.
Book stores don't seem to be doing that well anymore, so the smaller place may be better in the long run.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Especially when things are online or electronicaly now.

Personally I still prefer the paper version.

Last edited:

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Opens Monday

The new Buffalo Wild Wings opens offically on Monday at 10:00am.
The 1st hundred people get free wings for a year. It is only 5 per week. But hey there free.lol

on the second note anyone beside me notice the light at the bottom of Centennial and Van Wagners delay. The advance going west is almost 10mins long. You can sit waiting to make the left for 15mins. I tried calling the city, and they seem to be busy. Left two messages and no one called me back.:inn:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The new Buffalo Wild Wings opens offically on Monday at 10:00am.
The 1st hundred people get free wings for a year. It is only 5 per week. But hey there free.lol

on the second note anyone beside me notice the light at the bottom of Centennial and Van Wagners delay. The advance going west is almost 10mins long. You can sit waiting to make the left for 15mins. I tried calling the city, and they seem to be busy. Left two messages and no one called me back.:inn:
I think that I will just pay the regular price and miss the crowds.:rolleyes:

That light, the at the end of the Beach and the one just over on Eastport are all a big pain in the butt. I asked them about the on e at the end of the Beach when they were working on it and they at least remove the advanced green from the northbound traffic.
The light at the bottom of Centennial doesn't really need the advanced green as well. But if you don't pull up far enough on the red light, it will never change. I have seen people sit there forever, I just drive around them.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I'm not sure about that stoplight but I know some work on a sensor. So one must stop on top of the sensor for the stoplight to change.

The stoplight on Burlington St. in front of Dofasco's gate runs on a sensor. But there are no signs showing it is. (rolling eyes)

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
I'm not sure about that stoplight but I know some work on a sensor. So one must stop on top of the sensor for the stoplight to change.

The stoplight on Burlington St. in front of Dofasco's gate runs on a sensor. But there are no signs showing it is. (rolling eyes)

Burlington Street, now that is a topic all on it's own.lol
Why oh why does a city let get major by passes get so out of shape before they decide to fix them. :apat:

Top Bottom