Hows the water?

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Hi all...

I want to go to Beachway park But am wondering if the water is still FRIGID? :(
I think this is the cleanest beach around...its just lovely!~~
I prefer swimming in the lake rather than wild waterworks(too busy)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The lake is cold, too for me anyway. It will stay like for another month then warm a bit. When start getting some winds out of the east, it gets a little wavy, warmer, but somewhat dirtier. And I don't mean polluted.
I don't remember our beach being closed to swimming for a long time.

For weekly results of testing, go here....

http://www.myhamilton.ca/myhamilton...alservices/publichealth/safewater/beaches.htm

BTW, our nicest section would be in my opinion, the part near the canal. Very shallow and great just to wade around in.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Thanks for posting scotto. Ive never been to that part of the beach. Is it on the ham or burlington side? & are there washrooms nearby?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thanks for posting scotto. Ive never been to that part of the beach. Is it on the ham or burlington side? & are there washrooms nearby?
Both sides are good and both have washrooms, the Burlington side gets a little more attention and gets much more crowded. The Hamilton side is maintained and is a little easier for parking on a warm day. I consider both these beaches as jewels to their respected communities and we are very lucky to have them.:rock:
I have attached a picture of the restrooms that are located just off the Path near the canal on the Hamilton side.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Thanks!
i will be looking for that area next time we go swimming..its hard to get hubby to stay at the beach (he burns fast) but he doesnt mind dropping me & a friend off~~
I got a new camera in april & id love to see what kind of pics i can get~ ;-)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thanks!
i will be looking for that area next time we go swimming..its hard to get hubby to stay at the beach (he burns fast) but he doesnt mind dropping me & a friend off~~
I got a new camera in april & id love to see what kind of pics i can get~ ;-)
If get some good photos of our beach, please share.
Have fun!

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
The lake was warm Sunday and Monday, today it is back to frigid.

Bring a mask if you head to swim in that area plenty of golf balls to dive for.lol

Saw them Sunday.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
oh really? i didnt know it alternated like thAT...dang!
I was gonna go to the street sale on sunday & "maybe" wonder over to the beach...guess i'll play it by ear~

Top Bottom