You’ve Got Whale: Hamilton Harbour new home for Marineland’s sea life

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Notice I put this in the humour section.

A killer of a deal indeed.

In a stunning agreement announced late Wednesday night outside the Angel Inn pub in Niagara-on-the-Lake, the City of Hamilton is taking possession of Marineland's wildlife population, and will house the collection of sea animals in a revamped, salty Hamilton Harbour.

The acquisition of several killer and beluga whales, some dolphins, and a smattering of poor-sighted sea lions stands to transform the tourism culture in Hamilton, says Joyce Satani, incoming head of tourism for the city.

"This will be transformative," she said. "I mean, Niagara Falls has waterfalls, obviously, but we have several more here. Adding their jumping whales and dolphins to our tourism portfolio will be just ... transformative."

Added Hamilton Mayor Bob Bratina, "I have visions ... visions of thousands of people lining the shores of our harbour watch the playful antics of our new marine life. What a city."
- See more at: http://www.hammerinthenews.com/posts/you-ve-got-whale-hamilton-harbour-home-for-marineland-s-sealife

Top Bottom