2011 Beach Garage Sale

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I am already getting inquires concerning this years garage sale, as in past years the date is the second Sunday in July. So that would be July 10th, 2011 for this year.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Hard to believe its almost that time of year! Im so sick of the rain & cold temps.......right now the fog is thick enough to slice!~

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Im gonna try & get there by 8;am...hubby knows how hard it is to find a parking spot. Its gonna be HOT, hope i can handle it..lol

Happy hunting~~

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Im gonna try & get there by 8;am...hubby knows how hard it is to find a parking spot. Its gonna be HOT, hope i can handle it..lol

Happy hunting~~
There should be some open spots on the sidestreets if the blvd is too crowded, my street always has some room.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
We got there around 8;am & found a spot near fletcher st?...i thought it was an ally....lol
walked for 2 hrs then drove further down near the bridge, walked some more (my feet are killing me) it was very hot & muggy but at least the rain held off. i bought a few CD's. it was fun.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Sue;
Glad you had a good time and it was a tad hot, there werw however, lots of places to buy cold water. I drove up and down the strip a couple of time on my bike. It didn't seem as crowded as in past years even with the good weather and I even bought a couple of items which I never do.

Had this comment sent to my mail today;

"My son and I attended your annual yard sale for the first time on Sunday and we were both very impressed by a number of things. Everyone was friendly and polite, bins were available for recycling water bottles, water for sale, and water available for the dogs that accompanies their famililies. We appreciated not being ticketed when we knowlingly parked in certain areas (Not near hydrants!!).
Although not a glamorous sight to behold - would the association consider a couple of rows of portable washrooms?? It was the only thing we noticed that wasn't available and would have been appreciated. Overall - we had a blast and plan to return next year. Thanks for showing us a great and hospitable time.

Best Regards"

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
From the Spec

The Annual Beach Strip garage sale. Carting away a bargin for one shopper.
Remember the old saw about one man's junk being another man's treasure?

Those two guys would have had a field day at Sunday's Beach Boulevard garage sale, pawing through over two kilometres of trash and treasures.

Now in its 26th year, the event on the second Sunday of July has been a high profile fundraiser for Jimmy Lomax's Operation Santa Claus Christmas charity. Lomax retired from that effort last year after 52 years of brightening the lives of others. The charity has been taken over by the radio stations CHML/Y108 and their Children's' Fund.
Read More

Photo Gallery by Gary Yokoyama is here;
http://www.thespec.com/photozone/560989

Top Bottom