Application to Re-Zone 865-867 Beach Blvd

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
From the office of Councillor Collins

Application to Re-Zone 865-867 Beach Blvd. – Two 3 Storey Townhome Blocks (6 units)

Residents are invited and encouraged to attend a public open house hosted by Amana Construction & Land Development Inc. who propose to demolish the existing home at 865 Beach Blvd, and rezone the property (as well as the vacant lot next door) to permit the construction of two three-storey townhome blocks (6 units). Meeting particulars are as follows:

Thursday, November 17, 2016
From 7:00pm to 8:30pm
Beach Rescue Unit- 316 Beach Blvd.

According to the applicant’s representatives, a presentation will be made from 7:00pm to 7:30pm followed by an open house to provide the public time to review/obtain information about the proposal and discuss it with members of the project team.

Please note that the application runs counter to the approved Beach Neighbourhood Plan where single family homes dominate this section of the community. Similar to the recent planning application for 271 Beach Blvd., the development application falls short in many areas including but not limited to:

• It will set a dangerous precedent along the beach for other lots and single family homes that will be demolished and replaced with multi-residential structures
• It does not conform with the density and character or form of development in the surrounding neighbourhood
• The current zoning is designated for single family homes and should be respected – the Beach Neighbourhood Plan identifies single family dwellings at this address

Thank you to those residents who proactively assisted with a similar application for the property located at 271 Beach Blvd. As per my previous correspondence, the application was unanimously denied by the City’s Planning Committee and Council and has been subsequently appealed by the owner/applicant to the Ontario Municipal Board.

As I’ve done with previous planning applications, I will be sending a letter to the neighbourhood once a Planning Committee date has been determined.

In the interim, please do not hesitate to contact my office with any questions or comments you might have.

Chad

Top Bottom