ATTN. Beach Bums: Annual Beach Reunion

Fred Briggs

Beach History Moderator
May 27, 2004
Stoney Creek
hamiltonbeachcommunity.com
The Annual Beach Reunion will be held on September 24, 2004 (the last Friday in September) at Dynes Hotel, starting at 1:00 PM. There is no Official Closing Time since some people have to work and can't get there that early. Some don't even arrive till 6:00 PM or later, after work. Unfortunately, many of those who arrived early have begun to wander out before they meet the latecomers, so come early and stay late!
It used to be held in December, but a couple of bad weather days led the organizers to move it to the last Friday in September. As long as it doesn't rain, it's usually still warm enough to enjoy the patio at that time of year. The smokers, of course, will be out there come rain or come shine!
You're free to partake in beverages inside, or on the patio, but unless you want to, you don't have to drink at all. It isn't a bash! Similarly, some will buy lunch at Dyne's and others will stay for supper, but you aren't required to buy anything.
So if you ever lived on the Beach, and even if you still do, why not come out and see who else might show up? In the past we've had visitors from all over Canada, and even from many States!
If you have any questions, this is the place to ask!
Fred Briggs

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Beach Reunion

Beach Reunion organizers have informed me that the event will start at 12 noon this year, but as Fred wrote, you don't have to be there by noon, just show up when you can. See you there.
Scotto

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The Early Crowd

I stopped in at the Dynes this afternoon to see how the early crowd were doing. The place was packed and I had to park over at the old Spur gas station. It was mostly the older folks who came back from near and far for this part of the reunion. For the rest of who have to work and couldn't be there this afternon, see you there tonight.
Scotto :D

Top Bottom