Beach Garage Sale 2012

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I have been receiving many emails asking about the Beach sale this year due to the early date, it is as always, the second Sunday in July. So that would be the 8th this year.

If you plan to sell food, make sure you contact the City of Hamilton’s health dept for a permit.
Also I received this message from Health Canada concerning garage sales;

If your neighbourhood association has an active website or you publish regular newsletters, Health Canada has just released the following helpful information for Garage Sale buyers and sellers. Please consider posting this on your website or placing it in your next newsletter. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garage Sale season has officially begun and Health Canada is aware that many communities in Hamilton and surrounding areas are hosting neighbourhood garage sales.

Health Canada has a number of online resources to help guide people when deciding what to buy or sell during these events. It is important to note that everyone holding a garage sale is legally responsible to ensure that products being sold meet current safety standards.

Here are a number links that include helpful information and tips for sellers/buyers:

Advisory: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/advisories-avis/_2012/2012_72-eng.php
Facts for Garage Sale Vendors: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pubs/cons/garage-eng.php
Second-Hand Products and Garage Sales: http://hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/house-domes/used-usages/index-eng.php
Information for Shoppers of Second-hand Products: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pubs/cons/info_secondhand-produits-eng.php

We invite you to share this information by linking to the websites above via your community website, twitter or Facebook.

Please feel free to contact Health Canada Consumer Product Safety at 1-866-662-0666 with any questions or concerns.

Happy Garage Sale-ing!

Sea Gull

Apr 21, 2012
Great news! I came on here tonight to find out when this garage sale would happen. I've just moved to the Beach and brought way too much unnecessary 'stuff' with me. Time to downsize .....again! I'm renting right now, close by the variety store but am looking for that teensy weensy cottage to buy, just enough for one person and a cat. Keep me in mind if you plan to sell soon.
Barb

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Great news! I came on here tonight to find out when this garage sale would happen. I've just moved to the Beach and brought way too much unnecessary 'stuff' with me. Time to downsize .....again! I'm renting right now, close by the variety store but am looking for that teensy weensy cottage to buy, just enough for one person and a cat. Keep me in mind if you plan to sell soon.
Barb
Welcome to the Beach Sea Gull. See you at the garage sale and hopefully you find your teensy weensy cottage.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
From Beach Rescue

As you know the annual Beach garage sale is coming up quickly and again this year the volunteers at the Hamilton Beach Rescue Unit will be all hands on deck to promote water safety.Some of our volunteers will be on the the water and also at the rescue unit at 319 Beach boulevard doing some fundraising .
Unit leaders will also be on hand to answer questions about how to support this important service and also accepting application for men or women interested in becoming a rescue member volunteer, Come see us, and check out our brand new rescue boat , Cold refreshments will be served starting at 11am in the HBRU rental hall. Please be safe in and around out waters and have a great summer.

HAMILTON BEACH
COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Ed Nowlan chairman
Ph # 905-549-4130

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Its gonna be a HOT one for sure!

Dont think I'll be going this yr...too busy getting ready to move. its too bad b/c i always enjoy the sights.
wear a hat, comfy shoes & use sunscreen!~~~

;-)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Its gonna be a HOT one for sure!

Dont think I'll be going this yr...too busy getting ready to move. its too bad b/c i always enjoy the sights.
wear a hat, comfy shoes & use sunscreen!~~~

;-)
Shouldn't be as hot as Friday, but to be sure I will head out just after noon for a few pictures when it is the hotest (nightshift), maybe we will see you next year.
Moving to the Beach?

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Hi scotto.....We bought a house near rosedale area....if it were up to me alone, Id be on the beach strip...lol

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
How did the sale go this year?

At least it wasn't on one of those scorcher days we had recently.
From what | saw, there were a lot less people selling. I years past you could walk along and almost every property had something setup. This year there were long stretches with no venders. Still lots of people looking though.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
From what | saw, there were a lot less people selling. I years past you could walk along and almost every property had something setup. This year there were long stretches with no venders. Still lots of people looking though.
What did you buy me? :laugh2:

Top Bottom