Beach People from the past.

shamsson

Jul 30, 2004
Near Atlanta, Georgia
Hello again,

I was wondering if anyone can update me on the following people. I talked to my father, Sham and he was asking about people in specific. And if you happen to see or hear from these people please pass them a message that we remember them and would like to get in touch.

Mark Farnham or any of the Farnhams
Willie (he lived across the street from the Farnhams on Fitch Ave)
Mrs. Hamilton who lived at the corner of fitch ave.
Mr & Mrs. Wheeler who lived next door to Turbo.
Jimmy Lomax
John and Alex (they're brothers) don't know their last name
John Hodgson
David Bradley (and his brothers)
Ted & Hazel Retray (sp) The couple who were the first ones on the beach to have an Eagle (car)
Donna Davies (this was her maiden name)
Bob the tow truck guy. He has a daughter named andrea..I forget his last name.

That's all for now, but if I can think of anyone else, I'll let you know.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
Mark still lives on the beach. I think on the same street. He has a Daughter. (My sister play's with her sometimes)

Willie (Bill) I believe also lives on the beach still. And if i'm not mistaken also has a daughter.

Mrs Hamilton is still there.

Not sure about the Wheelers.

Jim Lomax is still going strong with Operation Santa Clause.

Don't know about David Bradly, but I believe Brad is now a paramedic in Toronto.

The Ratray's have moved, don't know much about them.

That's all I can help you out with.

What is your EMail address. I can give you more updates. Just would rather not do it on a public forum.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
shamsson said:
Farnham or any of the Farnhams
Willie (he lived across the street from the Farnhams on Fitch Ave)
Mrs. Hamilton who lived at the corner of fitch ave.
Mr & Mrs. Wheeler who lived next door to Turbo.
Jimmy Lomax
John and Alex (they're brothers) don't know their last name
John Hodgson
David Bradley (and his brothers)
Ted & Hazel Retray (sp) The couple who were the first ones on the beach to have an Eagle (car)
Donna Davies (this was her maiden name)
Bob the tow truck guy. He has a daughter named andrea..I forget his last name.
Marilyn and Blair Farnham are still around, Blair lives on the corner of Sierra Lane.
Ted and Hazel used to have property up north, I believe they moved there about ten years ago.
Jimmy Lomax is still in the same house as when you were here, this is a picture from the Beach Garage sale with Jim in it- http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=190
lil squirt will tell you the rest.

Fred Briggs

Beach History Moderator
May 27, 2004
Stoney Creek
hamiltonbeachcommunity.com
Reg Wheeler Alive and Well

If the Wheelers you are asking about is Reg Wheeler and his wife (whose name escapes me at the moment), they are both alive and well (as far as I know - I last spoke with Reg about 2 months ago) and they still live on the Beach, on the Lake Side, where they have lived for many years. I don't know when your father knew him, but I know that his present home isn't the place they lived when they first moved to the Beach, on a side street on the Bay Side.
There is a picture of Reg recently posted to the Gallery (08/07/04). Reg is on the right hand side of the picture on the left end of the 2nd row on the 3rd page. That's easier to find than it sounds - Page 3, Row 2, Left End, Man on Right! (That is after you choose Page 1 by clicking on the picture of the old car in front of the house.) When you click on a picture you are shown a number for the picture, and this picture is #34.

Fred

Last edited:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
That's the only Wheelers I know of also, but I don't think that they are the ones Shamsson means as he was from the Beach section around Dynes and was here just for his younger years. He was only asking about residents from that area, could be wrong.

Top Bottom