Beach Ponds

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I stopped by a few of the homes on the Beach that took the time to add a pond to their the front of their house, all are nicely done and must of taken many hours of hard work to finish. If anyone knows of any other ponds, please let me know.

suesue

Jul 6, 2008
Those are just FABulous! i was admiring them on sunday.

But i started wondering if the fish would be safe? arent there critters that could eat them, like racoons, possums,coyotes? ;-(

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Those are just FABulous! i was admiring them on sunday.

But i started wondering if the fish would be safe? arent there critters that could eat them, like racoons, possums,coyotes? ;-(
Good question, you would think a racoon would at least try. The resident with second pond keep their fish in there year round, so nothing has caught up with them yet.

Great blue herons also love fish too and those are also in the lake/bay areas.
I try and get the odd shot of the herons near Hutch's and they fly away when get within 100 yards of them. The fish in those little ponds wouldn't last long.

GuyMcPhee

Jul 3, 2012
Hamilton
These look great but I can't help but wonder why they would put them in the front yard as opposed to the backyard. I mean sure they look good but, who wants to sit in a chair beside your beautiful high maintenance pond watching the cars go by.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Nice pond and good pic Scotto.
Thanks and thank you to the pond owners who were nice enough to move while I took a few pictues.
These look great but I can't help but wonder why they would put them in the front yard as opposed to the backyard. I mean sure they look good but, who wants to sit in a chair beside your beautiful high maintenance pond watching the cars go by.
I agree, the last owners did build their pond in the backyard with a nice view of the trail and the lake. The first pond owner (who recently moved) had tenants in the back and any time outside was mostly spent in the front. Another I believe was in the pond building business for a while, so I think it was part of their advertising and wanted more people to see the finished work.
The second to last pond has been for many decades, back when there was a railway in the back instead of the trail. Might of preferred the view from the front yard, I know that pond sat empty for many years until the new owner took over about ten years ago.

Top Bottom