Belated greetings

GaryonGrafton

Aug 1, 2005
:rock: Hi everyone. I thought when I first registered here over a month ago I sent an initial greeting. But I guess not.
So, better late then never, here goes:
I grew up on the beach strip, and after 25 or so years moved back to the 'hood in April '05.
My (late) dad used to lift the bridge. (his biceps were enormous!!!)

Talk to youse guys later.

(Is 'youse' really a word???)

GaryonGrafton

Aug 1, 2005
Nope. He worked on the current bridge. He passed away in '78 but was there for over 25 years.
His last year before retirement (early due to illness) was about '75 or '76.

Alex Rox

Sep 26, 2004
GaryonGrafton said:
Nope. He worked on the current bridge. He passed away in '78 but was there for over 25 years.
His last year before retirement (early due to illness) was about '75 or '76.
He must of worked on both bridges if he was there for 25 years and left in 76??

GaryonGrafton

Aug 1, 2005
wow, I really should know this but can't remember.
As a young 'un, I only remember him 'lifting' the newer bridge not 'swinging' the old bridge. I do remember a lot of the guys that worked there.
Bridgemaster was named Hockridge I think... and some of the gatemen, like Harold Thomas , Lloyd Cargo , Harris Askew
A few more names aren't coming to me right now but I'm sure they'll pop in my head sometime

I remember having a paper route and delivering the Spec there, and hanging with the Gushulak's

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
GaryonGrafton said:
I do remember a lot of the guys that worked there.
Bridgemaster was named Hockridge I think... and some of the gatemen, like Harold Thomas , Lloyd Cargo , Harris Askew
A few more names aren't coming to me right now but I'm sure they'll pop in my head sometime
I dug up a few more, Roy Pearson, Harold Bowan, Gord Soverign, Doug Coomber.

Top Bottom