Chad Collins Newsletter Dec. 09

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Community Outdoor Ice Rink Program

The Community Rink Program provides neighbourhood Ice Rink Committees with the equipment and infrastructure to create and maintain outdoor ice surfaces within designated parks during the winter months. Volunteers work with City Parks staff in the set up, operation and shut down of the program in the spring to provide outdoor ice surface for use by neighbourhood children and adults.

The program has gained popularity over the last seven years increasing from 46 rinks in the 2001-2002 winter season, to 56 locations in 2008-2009. Groups interested in applying for a community rink should contact the nearest recreation centre, arena or my office. You can also visit the City of Hamilton's web site at www.hamilton.ca/CityDepartments/PublicWorks/Parks/Amenities/OutdoorRinks.htm for more information.

Please be advised that the closest outdoor rinks to Ward 5 are: Father Sean O'Sullivan Park (Greenhill Avenue), Glendale Park (Rainbow Drive), Hixon Road Park (Hixon Road), Roxborough Park (Reid Avenue), and Gage Park (Lawrence Road and Gage Avenue).

Automated Bus Stop Announcements

The City's automated bus stop announcement system implementation, for the visual and hearing impaired, is proceeding on schedule and is expected to be fully operational before Christmas Day. Public reaction has been very positive. Transit customers have been calling to express their appreciation for this new and improved public transit service convenience.

Bulk Collection Program

The Bulk Collection Program is back, and we are currently taking orders to pick up large bulk items (maximum four per week), for Ward 5 residents. The program will run through the weeks of December 7, 2009 to January 4, 2010 and is operated on a call-in basis. Residents are asked to contact the City a full week prior to your regurlarly scheduled garbage day to make arrangement for the collection of the item(s). Please call my office at (905) 546-2716 should you wish to schedule a pickup.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Their bulk pickup is a joke now. I called 3 times to have an old tv taken away. It's still here sitting in my back yard.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I have only used this service a couple of times and both times the items were removed. Call again and if they don't come, just call Chad.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Not sure that was the same number I called the last times. Probably the receptionists I talked to. Not sure when ward 4 pickup is for 2010.

Now I can understand why the first call was put aside. That is when we had the bad floods. But by the third call they should have taken it in my opinion.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Not sure that was the same number I called the last times. Probably the receptionists I talked to. Not sure when ward 4 pickup is for 2010.

Now I can understand why the first call was put aside. That is when we had the bad floods. But by the third call they should have taken it in my opinion.
You don't have Chad as your Councillor, you have Sam. So close yet another boundry. I would try an e-mail as all those flooding probelems should of been cleared up by now and the bulk collection is city wide for this time period. Anyone I have talked to in Ward 4 tells me that when asked, Sam does get the job done.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I thought it was call in but with certain wards for the bulk pickup on certain dates. I will look at MyHamilton site again soon. :)

I know there will be a 3 bag limit the first week of Jan. only. Then there are will be other 3 bag limits later in year for 2010.

Top Bottom