Chad Collins Newsletter Jan. 2010

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
2010 Influenza Clinic Schedule - January Clinics

The City's Public Health Department recently posted the January Clinic schedule for the 2010 'Flu Shots'. The clinics begin January 11th and run until January 22nd, 2010. Seasonal and H1N1 vaccine will be available at all clinics. For more information visit www.hamilton.ca/influenza. The closest clinics to Ward 5 are:

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010: Cardinal Newman Secondary School, 127 Gray Road, Stoney Creek (3:00pm to 7:00pm).

Friday, January 15th, 2010: Valley Park Arena & Recreation Centre, 970 Paramount Dr., Stoney Creek (3:00pm to 7:00pm).

Tuesday, January 19th, 2010: Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School, 1715 Main St. E., Hamilton (4:00pm to 8:00pm).

Frequently Asked Questions - Dynes Tavern Demolition

I have received a couple of inquiries regarding the Dynes Tavern matter, where the former owner was charged with demolishing the structure at 337 Beach Boulevard without a permit. Please be advised that the owner plead guilty in court to two Ontario Building Code violations and was fined $20,000 for his actions.

Frequently Asked Questions - Removal of Hydro Towers

On occasion, I receive calls and emails from Beach Community residents and trail users regarding the hydro towers along the shoreline. I recently inquired with Hydro One, who own and operate the towers, as to what plans they might have in the future to remove or relocate their existing infrastructure. A Hydro One representative advises that there are no plans now, or in the future to bury or relocate the towers along the lake. They advise that the lines can not be buried on the beach as there is currently a gas pipeline running parallel to the wires. The relocation of the lines would require a new 'right of way' (access to an alternate location) in the vicinity, and a full environmental assessment. The cost to dispose of the old structures (close to 50 in number) and all associated equipment, wire and materials, including restoration could easily exceed $70,000,000.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Confederation Park Master Plan

In 2007 I requested the City and Hamilton Conservation Authority make plans for a new and improved Confederation Park. Funds were subsequently approved to devise a new master plan for the park, and substantial progress has been made over the past year. A draft plan will be presented to the public at an open house scheduled for Wednesday, January 20th, 2010 at the Lakeland Centre, 180 Van Wagner's Beach Road. The open house will run from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. with a presentation to be held at 7:00 p.m. Please plan to attend this important meeting to provide your input on the future of one of Hamilton's greatest assets.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Too bad the towers weren't smaller so people could have a better view of the lake but we need the towers. :)

Top Bottom