Danny Boys

Karin

Nov 21, 2010
Does anyone remember a restaurant called Danny Boys? I am talking years of 1959-61Although I lived on Beach Blvd during those yrs, it may have been situated in Hamilton somewhere. Also, is 671 Beach Blvd house still standing? I know 1117 is..nice pictures! I lived there in the fall of 1960. I went to Bell Cairn in 1960-1961. Grade 3 ( that gives my age away!)Thanks.
Karin

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Does anyone remember a restaurant called Danny Boys? I am talking years of 1959-61Although I lived on Beach Blvd during those yrs, it may have been situated in Hamilton somewhere. Also, is 671 Beach Blvd house still standing? I know 1117 is..nice pictures! I lived there in the fall of 1960. I went to Bell Cairn in 1960-1961. Grade 3 ( that gives my age away!)Thanks.
Karin
Hi Karin;
Thanks for joining up! 671 Beach Blvd is still there, I stopped by today and took a picture for you. Not the nicest day for a picture though. Anyone else remember Danny Boys? I seem to remember something up on Centennial across from Eastgate, but too long ago for me.

Attachments

Karin

Nov 21, 2010
THANKS so much Scott....it looks pretty run down! There (were)is at least 2 "suites" in this bldg. The upper left ( as you look the house) has( had) a 2 room apartment..kitchen/bedroom and that was it. Had to go outside and downstairs on the side of house to the basement to use washroom! Then we moved to the front suite ...the front door is visible on the deck/veranda. Life was great...it had a bathroom!! The lake is right behind the house.You have no idea of what those pictures mean to me ( 1117 & now 671).THANK YOU!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
THANKS so much Scott....it looks pretty run down! There (were)is at least 2 "suites" in this bldg. The upper left ( as you look the house) has( had) a 2 room apartment..kitchen/bedroom and that was it. Had to go outside and downstairs on the side of house to the basement to use washroom! Then we moved to the front suite ...the front door is visible on the deck/veranda. Life was great...it had a bathroom!! The lake is right behind the house.You have no idea of what those pictures mean to me ( 1117 & now 671).THANK YOU!
Karin;
You are very welcome, it looks like they are doing some renos, the back part looks all fixed up with some scoffolding on the right ready to do more. I haven't notice much activity there, but I haven't really been watching.

Karin

Nov 21, 2010
Yes, you're right. This house will look great all re-done. Nice for your community too....all those old homes still standing and being maintained. 1117 house is very nice. Is this a retirement or young family community? I see green grass! We have 6-8 inches of snow and it's -23 right now! I hope I can help someone out there with info/pictures here in Sask. in lieu of what I have received.
Karin

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
-23 with snow, you can have that all to yourself:laugh:
The Beach community would be a good mixture of young and old, many of the older resdients are still here. There are also new condos with many more residents. It's hard to get a read if there more young or old, seems to be lots of families.

Top Bottom