Dead Birds on the Beach

epiphany

Apr 13, 2010
Hi--just moved into neighbourhood and noticed alot of dead birds on the beach after wind or rain storms--I know its from the hydro wires but is there anything we can do? It was heartbreaking to see :(

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi--just moved into neighbourhood and noticed alot of dead birds on the beach after wind or rain storms--I know its from the hydro wires but is there anything we can do? It was heartbreaking to see :(
I was down near the canal last week and noticed many dead birds, I couldn'd even tell what type of bird they were. And I don't know what can be done execpt for removing the hydro lines, but we need our hydro power?

epiphany

Apr 13, 2010
Well of course we need the hydro power :) We also need the oil up in fort mcmurray alberta!!! Up there there were supposedly 22 birds that were killed by landing in the tailing ponds--so the company was taken to court--Syncrude-- so why can't hydro be taken to court? Should we call greenpeace in cause I really think it is a big contradiction when we are trying to save birds in burlington ie the swans etc.... but its ok to let them get wiped out in Hamilton? I saw at least 20 in a walk I took last weekend... seagulls, ducks --I even took pics...after the storm we had it was bad as well.... can't they insulate the lines with rubber or something--If we can pay a debt retirement charge on our hydro bill to a ceo that was overpaid--why isnt there money there to insulate the lines.....or move them? I think we should notify the groups out there that might be interested in this unknown catastrophe here on the beach strip-- I never knew that happened until I moved here and it is very sad....

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I have read articles about all those new wind turbine farms that going up in many places. They kill much more flying wildlife then the hydro lines, but we need our power.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I have read articles about all those new wind turbine farms that going up in many places. They kill much more flying wildlife then the hydro lines, but we need our power.
What they should have done is try putting a plastic hawk on the top of the turbine. I bet that would scare a lot of the birds away.

Top Bottom