Dog Attack

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
This was sent in last night by email;

My girlfriend was attacked and bitten by a dog on the beach in front of the go cart place.

The dog was a yellow medium size and the owner was a older woman.

My partner said it looked like an akita, it was wet from the beach I couldn't tell what kind it was.

The lady basically ran away east towards beach blvd., not cooperative or remorseful, don't know if she lives there.

Spent 5 hours in the emergency, got a tetanus shot, $35 of antibiotics and $16 parking fee I am a little angry.

The health dept. wants to find out where this woman lives and find if the dog had its shots and whether any other people, specially kids have been bitten by this dog.

rprouse

Nov 10, 2009
Beach Blvd
As a dog owner, few things make me as mad as someone who doesn't take responsibility for their dogs. I hope his girlfriend is okay.

I live down that end of the beach, walk that section of the beach nearly every day and know most of the dogs around here. I've never seen a dog that looks like an Akita on the beach, so it could be she doesn't live down here or seldom walks her dog.

Good luck in finding her though.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Thanks Rob;
I also pay attention to the dog walkers and don't recall seeing that breed around, also you live near the condo projects, so if anyone would notice anything from there it would be you.
Anyway here is a little more info from her partner;

"She has seen that lady walking her dog along the beach regularly, but since then we haven't seen her.

She is gray haired about 60-70, wears a Tilly type hat, throws a ball in the water for the dog.

The dog was yellow but all wet so I couldn't say for sure what breed.

We think she lives on the beach strip because walks back that way and not towards the parking lots."

Top Bottom