Don Young

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
YOUNG, Donald Peacefully, after a courageous fight, at Joseph Brant Hospital on Tuesday, August 11, 2009, in his 83rd year. Beloved husband of Dorothy for 57 years. Loving father of Rosemary (the late Donny), Bob (Hope) and Scott (Margaret). Cherished Papa of Dawn, Jim, Candace, Rob, David, Adam and Brian and Great-Papa of four. He is survived by his sister Jean Blake. He was the proud son of the late Muriel and Arley Young. Don was one of the last surviving founders of the Hamilton Beach Rescue Unit where he served as Chief and devoted much of his time in helping those in need. A special thanks to Lana and the rest of the staff at Joseph Brant for their wonderful care for Don. At Don’s request, there will be no visitation. A gathering to celebrate Don’s life will be held at a later date.

http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1260
http://hamiltonbeachcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244

Photo; Thanks to the Hamilton Spectator

ZEROSPARROW

Jul 27, 2008
thanks

hey scotto thanks for putting this up and everyone who wrote a comment thanks alot for all the kind words. My papa loved the beach, he loved the rescue unit and he loved to have a good time with his family and friends,those are the things i will always remember about him and i hope that you all will too.

thanks again

adam young

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
hey scotto thanks for putting this up and everyone who wrote a comment thanks alot for all the kind words. My papa loved the beach, he loved the rescue unit and he loved to have a good time with his family and friends,those are the things i will always remember about him and i hope that you all will too.

thanks again

adam young
Adam;
You are very welcome! Don was one of the older Beach Residents who gave me a helping hand when I first started this Forum. Any piece of Beach history that he found when seaching through his achives, he always kept and sent my way.
He was always a pleasent person every time I met up with him and he never seemed to have a bad day.

Photo; Thanks to HBRU

Top Bottom