False Duck Lighthouse

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Just returned from holidays and one of my stops along the way was South Bay Ontario, not too far from Belleville. South Bay has a small, but well kept lighthouse and the only reason for me posting a picture is the top section of this structure somewhat resembles our own. Must of been made by the same company.

FalseDuck.jpg
FalseDuck2.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2005
Nice pic's. It doesn't seem very tall, though. I guess it not need to be? Most that you see in pictures/calenders/books around us land locked peeps are much taller. The only one I've seen close to me was on lake Erie and it was about 200 feet tall.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
10speed said:
Nice pic's. It doesn't seem very tall, though. I guess it not need to be? Most that you see in pictures/calenders/books around us land locked peeps are much taller. The only one I've seen close to me was on lake Erie and it was about 200 feet tall.
Yes that is just a wee one, the lighthouse on the Beach is much taller but with the same top section.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The Hamilton Beach Lighthouse Group is trying to get funding to restore the lighthouse and the lighthouse keepers (Pete's) house back to their orignal state. They are doing a lot of fund raising and lobbying to the government, hopefully it all comes together. :tbu:

randy mattinson

May 3, 2004
toronto
this is a pic of the gilbraltar point lighthouse on the toronto islands. the top is somewhat the same as our beloved one on the beach. it was built sometime between 1803-1809.

Courtesy Josh Evnin;

Gibraltar_Point_Lighthouse_Toronto_2010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
randy mattinson said:
this is a pic of the gilbraltar point lighthouse on the toronto islands. the top is somewhat the same as our beloved one on the beach. it was built sometime between 1803-1809.
It does look the same, can you get a bigger picture??? Need a hand, just let me know. :tbu:

Top Bottom