Film on Hamilton in the 40s

Dec 1, 2004
Longueuil, Quebec
Thanks for that Shara. That was a great film (although a few glitches in the audio from time to time). I also enjoyed the comments about "Beauty is as beauty does" while watching the dumping of slag at Stelco. Remember when it used to light up the sky at night?

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Yes the sound was sketchy in spots but it was a good film. :)

And yes I remember those days. Mind you the 40s were before my time.

There wasn't many changes in things till about early 70s and thereafter. Only the bus style changed some and they removed the old streetcars. Those were gone before I came onto this earth.

I'd like to see this place sometime with all of the old streetcars.

http://www.hcry.org/

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I finally had the time to watch, the old buses before they were Ti-Cat colours, the steel mills with full parking lots and everyone seems to be working.
And some good shots of the Beach and one of the old QEW traffic circle.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
1940's Promontional Video of Hamilton

This is a must see if you have never seen it. A man on the net has a friend who works for the City and they were discarding this and he saved it. There is a short arial of the Beach which looks unpopulated because of the trees. Well what would have gone in the garbage is now being passed around for all who are interested. It takes about 20 minutes to run so take a look when you are taking a break. Well worth it

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
I apologize. I was in the middle of posting this and the phone rang. I thought I hadn't sent it so, obviously, I hit it again.

Drogo

Feb 8, 2005
Thank goodness there are people who value saving history but probably if they hadn't tried to throw it no one would have ever known it existed. Now it's being circulated again.

Top Bottom