Filming On The Pier

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Film crews were at the Lift Bridge today filming a TV series called "In Cold Blood". This short session has a AMC Pacer with Washington plates drive onto the pier and meet a couple of guys who are fishing.
Seems like a lot of work for one short scene.

Just to add to the topic, later on in the evening the film crew moved it's location down to Locarno Ave with a scene in an empty lot owned a by a Beach resident. The film crew told me that they were moving down to Confederation Park after this shoot, so watch for this one when it finally hits the TV srceen.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
On the Bridge today

There were many "takes" on the Bridge today, I got there just in to take the last run and I couldn't even get to the Bridge. Anyway Beach residents were all sent notices of the delays due to the filming of Robocop 3 which had a motorcycle travelling up and down Eastport with a low level helicopter filming from above.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I heard the chopper over my house today for a while. I thought maybe they were still doing training for the choppers. They had the overpass on Burlington St. closed to park the chopper on it.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I heard the chopper over my house today for a while. I thought maybe they were still doing training for the choppers. They had the overpass on Burlington St. closed to park the chopper on it.
The crew told me that they were leaving the Beach and heading over to Burlington St, but there wasn't much light left by that time.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I noticed that the portion of the overpass on Burlington St. around Stratherne entrance. was closed off when I was heading to the Centre Mall. When I got home I was watching the chopper from my patio doors and could see the chopper land about that area on top of the overpass. Is it for the same show they were taping before Scotto?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I noticed that the portion of the overpass on Burlington St. around Stratherne entrance. was closed off when I was heading to the Centre Mall. When I got home I was watching the chopper from my patio doors and could see the chopper land about that area on top of the overpass. Is it for the same show they were taping before Scotto?
Yes it was, we all recieved notices in the mail that parts of Hamilton would be closed on Sunday, the Beach and Burlington St. where part of the closures.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Do you know when they are going to start airing this on tv or in movie theatres?
I would think that Robocop would be coming out in the theatres, but no I don't. There is a lot of filming done along the Beach, I always watch to see if it comes out on TV, some are so bad that they don't even make it to TV.

Top Bottom