Free Golf Balls on the Beach ...

epiphany

Apr 13, 2010
I noticed the mulch washing up on the beach just keeps on coming and bringing us free golf balls as well lol--its pretty bad--can we call the city and ask them to rename this the Mulch strip?
On a serious note though is there anything we can do to get mess cleaned up? or do we have to wait for a storm? Its pretty sad to see all garbage on the beach :(

rprouse

Nov 10, 2009
Beach Blvd
When I was riding home from work last week, i saw three old guys down near the lift bridge driving balls into the water. That is probably where they come from.

On the positive side, my dog loves them and brings them all home. I now have a house full of golf balls.

Hmmm, on second thought, maybe that isn't the positive side! :D

epiphany

Apr 13, 2010
Hm--Yes I did see thread and found it very interesting--there has to be something we can do.... I am thinking about it.... Can we start a new trend--Golfing on the Mulch--free golf balls and tees included? lol It can be a fundraiser to clean up the beach.... hmm I will keep thinking... and then start doing something about it....any suggestions??? Do you think the mayor might come down for a round of golf on the beach? hmm.....

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
When I was riding home from work last week, i saw three old guys down near the lift bridge driving balls into the water. That is probably where they come from.

On the positive side, my dog loves them and brings them all home. I now have a house full of golf balls.

Hmmm, on second thought, maybe that isn't the positive side! :D
So that is where they are coming from, the couple I found were marked as "floating" balls, so they could of came from anywhere. But do regular golf balls travel very far once they end up in the water. I doubt it.

Hm--Yes I did see thread and found it very interesting--there has to be something we can do.... I am thinking about it.... Can we start a new trend--Golfing on the Mulch--free golf balls and tees included? lol It can be a fundraiser to clean up the beach.... hmm I will keep thinking... and then start doing something about it....any suggestions??? Do you think the mayor might come down for a round of golf on the beach? hmm.....
I am sure the City staff will do a fine job cleaning up the beach, they do every year. Fred who?

epiphany

Apr 13, 2010
Just went to get my morning Timmies and noticed a Big sign--Beach Clean Up April 24th!! Gloves and Bags Provided and a BBQ for lunch--What a great idea! So hopefully no rain on Saturday and they can count me in !:)
Fred???? -- He is a pretty good guy actually... have known him since I was a kid :)

Top Bottom