Green Gables

canoe_gurl

Super Moderator
Aug 19, 2008
(I have merged the two Green Gables threads together, Scotto)

I have tried to upload some pics of Green Gables a few times, but I keep getting this error message:

Error 500 - Internal server error

An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

any suggestions??

Thank you!

Webster

Oct 15, 2006
Off Beach Blvd.
Hi canoe_gurl,
I think Scotto has to give you a hand with the pics, and if I'm not mistaken, I believe he's up north......but hang in there, he'll be sure to pick up on your request.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi canoe_gurl,
I think Scotto has to give you a hand with the pics, and if I'm not mistaken, I believe he's up north......but hang in there, he'll be sure to pick up on your request.
Did it get demolished???
Yes I'm up in the middle of nowhere, CG you may have your pics too big to post. Email me one and I will have a look when time permits. And it's a slow connection up here, so it may take a bit to see them(Just send one). If not I will be back by Friday.

canoe_gurl

Super Moderator
Aug 19, 2008
It really is a shame that this place is being torn down in order to build townhomes. It really is a big part of my memories growing up on the beach. Some of the pictures were taken inside the shop, showing the different rooms and sadly some of the destruction created by both people going inside, as well as one of the ceilings caving in just a few days after I was previously in the same room.

Attachments

canoe_gurl

Super Moderator
Aug 19, 2008
Yes there is still quite a bit left in there. Before it was locked up, Bruce allowed me to go through and take some books and things which I really appreciated, as some of the books are as old as 1890. There is a lot of history in that little place, I will be very sad when it is gone.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Yes there is still quite a bit left in there. Before it was locked up, Bruce allowed me to go through and take some books and things which I really appreciated, as some of the books are as old as 1890. There is a lot of history in that little place, I will be very sad when it is gone.
CG;
Bruce did drop off some old postcards and pictures before he left, which he wanted back after scanning. I have posted these in the Gallery.

If you are around when they demolish the building, please get some pictures.
I will try and get some myself if I'am passing by while it's in progress.

canoe_gurl

Super Moderator
Aug 19, 2008
CG;
Bruce did drop off some old postcards and pictures before he left, which he wanted back after scanning. I have posted these in the Gallery.

If you are around when they demolish the building, please get some pictures.
I will try and get some myself if I'am passing by while it's in progress.

Do you know the date that it will be demolished? The last I heard there was some conflict between the owners and it was going to be held off until sometime in September. I will definitely be taking pictures as long as my school schedule permits me to be home for it!

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Do you know the date that it will be demolished? The last I heard there was some conflict between the owners and it was going to be held off until sometime in September. I will definitely be taking pictures as long as my school schedule permits me to be home for it!
I was talking to the operator of the machine that was doing all the clearing of the land. This was about three weeks ago or more, back then he told me that the permit was coming in with in a week and all would be gone.
That was why I thought it was gone when I was on holidays.

Hopefully we can get some shots.

Attachments

Top Bottom