Health and Burlington beaches commission records

fickrl

Feb 20, 2007
Greetings,

I am a new member to the site, and a researcher/student with both the History Department and the Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis, McMaster University.

I am a Hamiltonian by birth, and I spent a lot of time with my parents on the beaches in the 1960's and early 1970's. I moved back to the city in 1983, and in the course of pursuing my studies, I have developed an interest in the former Van Wagner's Beach/Crescent beach area (I spend a lot of time in Confed. park in summer). I am now engaged in a MA project involving an analysis of the health outcomes of the residents of that area between 1930-1960. I am looking for any Saltfleet Township/Hamilton municipal-public records, especially public health related, and in particular the records of the Burlington Beaches Commission.

If anyone out there has a notion as to where the above may have ended up, please tell. Further, if the community council has meetings/discussions on environmental issues/health issues, I would be interested in hearing about them, and attending if possible.

Robert.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hi Robert;:wavey:
Thanks for joining up with us, sounds like you have a lot of work a head of you. As I discussed with you a couple days ago on the phone, we mostly cover Hamilton Beach issues but we sometimes dip into the beaches near by.
There are a few posts concerning VanWagners on the Site and one of our members (Drogo) has her own Site for Saltfleet Township which the Beach Strip was part of at one point many moons ago.
http://members.fortunecity.com/saltfleetrecords/
There are a couple Beach residents who did move away from VanWagners when the homes were removed, I can get you those names.
Let me know if we can be of help.
Thanks, Scott.

Fred Briggs

Beach History Moderator
May 27, 2004
Stoney Creek
hamiltonbeachcommunity.com
Burlington Beach Commission

Sorry I don't have any information about health issues on Van Wagner's Beach, but I do have some information about the Burlington Beach Commission Records.
Please email me with both your own personal email address and your telephone number so I can get in touch with you to give you the information.
Fred Briggs <fredbriggs@cogeco.ca>

Last edited by a moderator:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Sorry I don't have any information about health issues on Van Wagner's Beach, but I do have some information about the Burlington Beach Commission Records.
Please email me with both your own personal email address and your telephone number so I can get in touch with you to give you the information.
Fred Briggs <fredbriggs@cogeco.ca>
Fred;
Good to see that you are back, I'm about to answer an email from Robert concerning the Burlington Beach Commission, hope you can also help him out.

Top Bottom