Hotmail Email Scam

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Some people have been getting an email in the hotmail email saying they are running out of space but if you reply with your personal info they will keep your email open. Sadly I fell it for last week and now I am unable to open my email or my msn messenger. So if you get that email, DO NOT REPLY TO IT OR GIVE OUT THE PASSWORDS ETC.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
The wording in this email was saying we are running out of space and we need your iinfo to be able to keep the account open. Or similar to that wording.

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Windows Live Team postmaster@windowslivemail.com

"Windows Live Help - Automated Email" unmonitored@windowslivehelp.com

I finally got hotmail to re-open my account now. When I opened the email I recieved another one with the same message in it, but with a different addy. This is the email I was sent from the hackers/spammers. The addys shown above are legite emails from hotmail. The email addys at the bottom of the this message will be from hackers/spammers. So if you recieve this email DO NOT REPLY OR GIVE ANY INFO ON YOUR ACCOUNT.

This Email is from Hot mail Customer Care and we are sending it to every Hot mail Email User Accounts Owner for safety. we are having congestion's due to the anonymous registration of Hot mail accounts so we are shutting down some Hot mail accounts and your account was among those to be deleted. We are sending this email to you so that you can verify and let us know if you still want to use this account. If you are still interested please confirm your account by filling the space below.Your User name, password, date of birth and your country information would be needed to verify your account.

Due to the congestion in all Hot mail users and removal of some Hot mail Accounts, Hot mail would be shutting down some Accounts, You will have to confirm your E-mail by filling out your Login Information below after clicking the reply button, or your account will be suspended within 24 hours for security reasons.Hot mail Account is changing to turning a new leaf and you need to confirm Your Account to Avoid Closed,

User name:
Password:
Date of Birth:
Country Or Territory:

After following the instructions in the sheet, your account will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Thanks for your attention to this request. We apologize for any inconveniences.
Warning!!! Account owner that refuses to update his/her account after two weeks of receiving this warning will lose his or her account permanently.

Sincerely,
The Windows Live Hot mail Team

smith210475@hotmail.com

blutac237j@hotmail.com

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
I just had a new phishing scam email. This time it says it's from Bell. Well I knew this time it was a hoax since Bell doesn't have my hotmail addy. Anyhow DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.

And I just came across this interesting site on scams.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/

Sharla1

Oct 15, 2009
Yea it's a big site but looks like it's worth looking at.

You can also type in certain company names in the search at the top right. I know every so often I get them from ebay and paypal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom