Let's be more positive :)

I realise that we don't like some of the byproducts of industry: odours, dirt, etc. But, let's remember Hamilton is an industrial city. Those factories on the other side of the noise barrier (how I pine for the days without that wall, too...I used to like looking over across the bay) are the livelihood of many of us.

I really think we have to get away from the constant whining about the "smell" or "dust" of one plant or another. The environmental report in each and every Beach Banner is the same old complain, complain, and complain. Heck, you're not supposed to get depressed after you read a community paper like the Banner.

Yes, it sometimes stinks. Yes, it sometimes gets dirty. But, let's report more positive things that are going on down here. Let's talk about our new neighbours building their lovely homes. Let's celebrate some of the life-time beach residents. Let's tell our POSITIVE story to everyone. Enough of the blahs, bring on the fun stuff :)

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Bobby;

Excellent post and nice to hear from you again, the person(s) that should answering this post though is the Editor of the Banner or someone from the Preservation Council, but they don't have a lot of time to visit the forum or they just don't use computers, so I will do the best I can. I fully agree that forum talk and banner topics should be kept positive as much as possible. In fact, I have altered or deleted many a post since we started that were either some what vindictive or just plain negative, but sometimes things just have to said and this is one of those times. Yes, industry must stay here in Hamilton or there will be no work for those of us who chose to live here and in the surrounding areas. Many companies over last decade or so have downsized or just up and left, leaving empty "brownfields" all though Hamilton's industrial core. The Hamilton Port Authority who owns the lands adjacent to Eastport Drive have been adding industry in our backyard, why not use what has already been left vacant. Why give Beach residents more, we already have a eight lane highway, Stelco, Dofasco, Columbian Carbon, and the list goes on. The Editor of the Beach Banner usually does a fine job of keeping residents informed, but efforts to keep problematic companies away from our community has totally frustrated all who have tried, including the Editor along with the Beach Council. The Port Authority seems to only care about the bottom line, very sorry about the negativity and please don't be depressed. :eek:

Top Bottom