Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Lift Bridge Pedestrian Acess

Councillor Chad Collins Report
OCTOBER 2005
BEACH COMMUNITY EDITION
Over the past several months, I've been working with Councillor Jack Dennison of Burlington and others to address the need for a pedestrian walkway on the lakeside of the Lift Bridge. Most recently, Hamilton and Burlington Council's unanimously petitioned the Federal Government to address this ongoing safety issue. We recently received a response from Federal Minister Scott Brison of Public Works Canada advising our municipalities that the government has commissioned a study to further examine the feasibility and costs. I have attached a copy of the motion passed by City Council in support of the proposed modifications as well as a copy of the Minister's response.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
The marker stakes are in and crews are starting construction of the Burlington side by-pass section of the Trail. Today's work is just some preliminary inspection of the different lines and cables leading up to the Bridge, I will keep you posted.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Even with this snowy weather the Path extensions are near completion, the Hamilton side has been paved to and past the underpass on the south side of the bridge. The Burlington side is much bigger and costlier project, the ground work is complete, just waiting for some better weather and the asphalt trucks. Once done, this should make the area much safer for all the people who use the Path.
Kudos to all involved, the City of Hamilton, the City of Burlington and Public Works Canada. :tbu: :tbu:

Top Bottom