Lift bridge

varsr

Aug 18, 2007
Can anyone provide info on bridge work - I noticed the sign today that says work at night starting Mach 22 and bridge will be closed at night???

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Can anyone provide info on bridge work - I noticed the sign today that says work at night starting Mach 22 and bridge will be closed at night???
That is correct, there will be some closures of Eastport Dr. at the Liftbridge until the end of March. The time is between the last HSR bus at night until they start again in the morning. The first night would most likely be Tuesday 23rd depending on the weather.
If anyone needs the exact times, let me know.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Lift-bridge closure surprises commuters

March 22, 2010
BURLINGTON – Night owl commuters heading back and forth between Burlington and Hamilton got a bit of a surprise early this morning – The Burlington Lift Bridge was closed for four hours.

The closure to road traffic between 1 and 5 a.m. on weekdays will be a nightly thing until March 31.

These closures are for structural repair and repainting of the bridge.

A spokesman for Public Works and Government Services Canada said the work shouldn’t disrupt daytime traffic.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Saturday Spec Ad from PWGSC

Overnight Closures of
Burlington Canal Lift Bridge
March 22 to 31, 2010
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) wishes to advise all area residents that the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge will be closed to all traffic between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m., Monday to Friday, from March 22 to March 31, 2010.
These closures are necessary for the structural repair and repainting project on the bridge.
Safety is a top priority for PWGSC and we are committed to ensuring the continued integrity of the bridges we manage. We apologize for any inconvenience the closures may cause and thank everyone for their understanding.
For inquiries related to the bridge's operation, contact: Assad Ghubril, Senior Project Manager
Public Works and Government Services Canada 416-512-5766

Top Bottom