MSN/Hotmail question....

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Former Beach Bum, now in Stoney Creek
Whenever I get e-mails in my hotmail account, my msn messenger doesn't alert me. It only alerts me when I first sign on... but during my session, nothing!

Also when I delete e-mails, messenger doesn't detect it. For example, if it says I have 3 new messeges in my inbox, and I delete them.... messenger still thinks I have 3 and not 0.

This just started on Friday. Yet Marko's account works fine on the computers. It doesn't matter what computer I use, it does the same thing. I have triple checked that I have the box for notification checked off.

Any ideas?

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I don't use those myself, but if hubby's PC is fine then I would look in a options tab. Must be something that would allow alerts when mail comes in.
I will check my daughters when she gets home.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
I looked through my options while Marko went through his. Everything was marked off the exact same. That's why we are stumped. Their tech support sucks and they are obviously not reading what I am writing. They keep going on about me not receiving emails. I'm receiving them. Just not the alerts. lol

SOOOO frustrating.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I checked all the tabs in my daughters account and I don't see a spot to change whether you want mail alerts or not, lets us know how you made out.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
Under Options then Alerts and Sounds there is a box to check off to get alerts. I have it checked though.
Thanks for looking for me. I appreciate it. I'm still waiting for their tech support to email me back. Although my friend has been waiting for 3 weeks now. LOL

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
They got back to me. They said it may be a problem with the software installation on my computer. To un-install it and put it back in. And if it doesn't work then to write that I give them permission to temporarily access my account and they will go in and have a look.

Well, I am not going to un-install it when it works just fine with any other account but mine. So I have given them permission to access my account and see what happens.

lil squirt

Super Moderator
Mar 11, 2004
But if everyone else's account works on my computer, with the same program install.....It can't be the program.
My account won't work on any of the 3 computers I have tried it on. But everyone else's works on my computer.

They wrote back again and said they looked through my account setting and it shows no reason for it not to work. So they are going to do more investigating on their end. And that it may be something internal. If it still doesn't work after a while. (Meaning a couple weeks) then they want me to send them a Long that MSN puts on your computer. So they can take a look at it and see if it shows anything.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Must be them, you seem to have check everything.
If it was as easy as just shutting off a tab, the MSN people would have known right away what the problem is, again lets us know when you get to the bottom of it.

Top Bottom