New Stat Holiday in February.

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
oh we will get 8 hrs paid sick time or personal time, but we get 6 they just want us to use one, this IMO is not a sick day or personal day, it is a way for the company to make us use our time to cover a goverment screw up.

:inn:

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Try this one out!!

I have asked for a layoff notice and then will apply to the Provincal goverment for the day's pay :crazy18:

I am going to just go to work as a normal day, if they send me home well so be it.

:inn:

We will have it in our collective agreement that we are in negotations now.
This is why the company is making us work, it is a easy bargin chip for our contract.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Try this one out!!

I have asked for a layoff notice and then will apply to the Provincal goverment for the day's pay :crazy18:
Yes lets all do that:laugh2: and wait for the cheque.
The Liberals ran on platform that included another Stat holiday, they were voted in and added the holiday. Seems to me that would make it the law of Ontario.

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Well I got my answer back from Labour canada, because we are federally regulated they ( the company) can stay open.

Case closed, we have asked for another personal day in our new collective aggrement.:beer:

smr714

RIP July 1969-April, 2009
Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
I am glad my union is provincial... so they have to cough it up. I have included the day in part of my vacation out to Los Angeles. I am able to stay the whole week and not 5 days because of the extra day off.

waterlilly

Sep 22, 2007
Hey have fun in LA, hope the weather beats what we are having.

Scott your lucky,

Today they shut us down the roads are a little slick.

smr714

RIP July 1969-April, 2009
Mar 15, 2004
Beach Blvd.
www.neopets.com
We were also shut down all day. An email went out at 7 am closing the office... so I have spent the day in Jammies and in and out of sleep. I took a tumble last night and am bruised so I guess I needed the extra sleep.

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Hey have fun in LA, hope the weather beats what we are having.

Scott your lucky,

Today they shut us down the roads are a little slick.
smr;
At the rate you are going, make sure you have good health insurance when you travel down south, yes have a good (and warm) time.

WL;
I wouldn't say I'm lucky, it's law that Family Day is a holiday so we should by law get it off or paid OT.

Nov 26, 2006
Brantford
I wouldn't say I'm lucky, it's law that Family Day is a holiday so we should by law get it off or paid OT.
I'd say your lucky, it was just a way that Mcsquinty got votes before he brought in all the loopholes that employers could get away with not giving the day off with pay, and lone behold he got the votes:wink:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
Wouldn't of mattered to me anyway when I voted, after the Harris years I don't trust any of them.
So I will take the day and hopefully Mcsquinty gets all the loopholes fixed before next year.:rolleyes:

scotto

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 15, 2004
The Beach Strip
I'd say your lucky, it was just a way that Mcsquinty got votes before he brought in all the loopholes that employers could get away with not giving the day off with pay, and lone behold he got the votes:wink:
My luck run out, memo came down today.
No holiday for us federal workers.:(

Top Bottom